Getting Brisket in Michigan :/

agoldswo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Living in the UP sucks when it comes to buying meat, are there any fellow Yoopers here that can direct me to a decently priced source of buying brisket? The one local butcher that carries it is special order only, and runs 3.75/#, which i'm not sure if it's a good price or not. The walmart here doesn't stock it, and we don't have a costco or anything like that.

I have been buying down here for less that $2.50lb.
Ask them about a case price. Or find a restarunt , find out who they buy from and see if you can buy a case from them.

I P/u a Choice packer this morning for 1.95 lb in my Local little HEB. If you can get it for under 4 bucks OOP there I think your doing good. Brisket here is cheaper than per lb than the chubs of Ground beef that are over 3.00 lb. needless to say I eat brisket burgers Allot.

There's a GFS in Marquette, they should have them. I've seen packer's in our local GFS.

We have a GFS in Lansing too.
There briskets look really good quality and market average priced.

Honestly I would stay away from Meijer and Krogers. They are way overpriced.

If you have a Sams Club near you or a local butcher you may be in luck.

Thanks for the responses, i'll have to check at GFS, i know i can order it from their website through work, but i don't wanna have to buy a case of em, since it's really just me and my brother that would be eating it, and severe lack of freezer/fridge space to store it. like i said, my local butcher can get it for 3.75/pound, which appears to be a decent price, and all of his meat is good quality, so I know i'd be getting good meat.

I buy GFS briskets all the time

they are just fine

I think the price you are paying up there is decent. I dont think you have many choices

you're right, my choices are slim to none, so i'll take what i can get, i really don't wanna travel 2 hours to Iron Mountain or 3 to Escanaba if i don't have to

Back