4th of July Pot Roasted Leg Of Lamb

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
American raised 7.4 lb bone in leg of lamb, center cut, with baby Yukon gold taters, carrots, onion and fresh rosemary and thyme. Added a little beef stock during the cook. Started the kettle out at 225 for smoke and let it gradually increase in temp until it reached 300 after 2 1/2 hours with an IT of 135 when it was pulled, foiled and rested. We haven't made plates yet, but I liked the "one dish" shots so much that I've already got my money shot. Used apple wood chunks over Kingsford Comp.

lamb1_zps7d841982.jpg

lamb_zpsff0c62fc.jpg

On the kettle

lamb5_zpse29f8deb.jpg

lamb4_zpsa0b73ba0.jpg

lamb2_zps1e3fc0e3.jpg

lamb3_zps90140c10.jpg

OK! Plated pics

plate_zpsf32b377c.jpg

plate1_zps760274d0.jpg

Redhot, meanwhile, was making the World's Best Red White and Blue cheese Danish...

plate4_zps69d73b71.jpg

plate5_zps308e9b91.jpg

And some friends

plate3_zps6b539d48.jpg

plate2_zpsc9992f22.jpg

plate6_zps785a09fd.jpg

plate7_zpsc37948b9.jpg

Happy 4th, Y'all!

This is an entry in the throwdown "One Dish Wonders" going on now! Come join us and enter if you please.:mrgreen:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164435

I'm drooling. That looks amazing. I'm a huge fan of lamb meat. I think I got an idea of what to do with a lamb leg that's in my freezer. :biggrin1:

Dang, that looks so good. Why am I the only one in the family that enjoys lamb? (I will do a couple of chops when swmbo is out of town)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiicceeeeeeeeee Leeeeeeeeeeeeg... It looks yummy. I would need seconds fer sure.

Wow, Guerry, super awesome, through and through! :thumb:

However, you did not invite Moose to partake, and I'm very angry now.

:tsk:

Holy moly I am starving, that looks just wonderful!
Succulent lamb and yummy veg, and Michele made screaming Danishes!
PM me the recipes Red?:pray:

I just came back to this thread and keep thinking "That is a farking steak". Nice job!

Better than steak! (Well, OK, different than a steak, but DAMN! I love lamb.)

I forgot to say, the rub on the lamb is Oakridge BBQ's Black Ops. It's not just for beef! It matched wonderfully with the lamb. My only regret is that I'm now out and will have to order more. I believe the Black Ops is my favorite savory rub now.

Wow, that looks great! Wish my wife would eat lamb. Let's see, if I fast for a couple days I could probably eat one by myself and she can have a PB&J sammich - sounds like I got a plan.

Wow, that looks great! Wish my wife would eat lamb. Let's see, if I fast for a couple days I could probably eat one by myself and she can have a PB&J sammich - sounds like I got a plan.

It was probably that farking mint jelly that killed it for her! I wouldn't eat lamb for so long due to mint jelly trauma.:wacko:

Back