Backwoods Water Pan removal Jack.. DIY

HAHAHAHA...Totally just read the title to your thread like Si from Duck Dynasty. "Thats a Backwoods Water Pan removal, Jack!"

Man, I've got a lame sense of humor. That looks like a great idea though..........Jack!:rofl:

That would definitely come in handy on a Gater waterpan. I've been using a bulb siphon hose to get a majority of the liquid outta that huge pan, but its a PITA anyway you deal with it.

That would definitely come in handy on a Gater waterpan. I've been using a bulb siphon hose to get a majority of the liquid outta that huge pan, but its a PITA anyway you deal with it.

I thought the Gator had a permanent pan with a drain?

Fatboy is perm. Gater is removable. Great Idea/ someone on the backwoods forum was just asking how to remove their pan

I thought the Gator had a permanent pan with a drain?

No, a standard Gater has a removable waterpan. I have seen dealers selling Gaters with a fixed pan and drain option, but thats almost a Fatboy. (which wouldn't be a bad thing)

IMG_5082.jpg

Personally, I hate the way its designed, but it is what it is. Your video shows a solution to the frustration level I've wrestled with the BWS removable pan.

I still use water in the pan, I just cut a universal grate and set it directly on top of the pan and set a foiled over sheet pan or foil half pan to catch the drippings and found clean up to be much easier and still cook moist.

IMG_5623.jpg

I dig the expanded charcoal baskets you have for the Chubby, Party and ExP, and I'm not sure if you are aware of the two tiered charcoal grate rails on the Gater or not?

IMG_5456.jpg

IMG_5462.jpg

I had to make an expando basket that fits inside the stock tray that fits between the second level rails.

IMG_5442.jpg

Back