chicken help

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
i have this really good caribbean spice mix and i had it on some grilled chicken the other night. However. the out side of the chicken tasted good but the inside had no flavoring at all. How do i get the seasonings inside the chicken meat. Is there a good way and a bad way to avoid?

Thanx

LT, we will seperate the skin some by running your finger under the skin and keep the edges intact, put some spice and butter under the skin to add flavor to the meat. Give it a shot and see what you think. Good luck!

LT, we will seperate the skin some by running your finger under the skin and keep the edges intact, put some spice and butter under the skin to add flavor to the meat. Give it a shot and see what you think. Good luck!
What bout cuts that are boneless skinless. I will be doing those next week with my new royal oak lump. Ill try under the skin and butter trick.

thanx

LT, use some cheesecloth in place of the skin. Definately brine. That might help keep the moisture in. Let us know how it works bro.

i cant use my spice mix for a brine..can i? I have had brined chicken from some places and it was slimy.. But that was food for the masses.

Sure you can! Mix salt, sugar, water and your spice mix in a pan and heat to just under boiling and then let it cool. I put rub in my brine for chicken, chops, etc.

I don't know why brined chicken would be slimy, commercial food or not. I suspect something else was wrong.

Spatch then brine. Let it dry for a few hours so the skin isn't slimy. Cook open side down

Spatch then brine. Let it dry for a few hours so the skin isn't slimy. Cook open side down

OHHH. spatch the bird eh. I need to learn how to do that. maybe thats what ill do. Spatch then a basic brine with some of my rub in the water. But im gonna try it on boneless skinless first since i havbe tons of that. Cant beat 98cents a pound for bonless skinless breasts

thanx

Marinate
Brine
Inject
Rub under the skin
Skinless

Looks like you have a handful of good reasons to crank up your smoker :p

Back