View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 10:41 AM   #23
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmaker23 View Post
Just got Back from the Kingsford launch party in New York. Good to See all the BBQ Titans in attendance, Great Food from Chris Lilly, Great Original Drinks from Darryl Robinson, New Yorks Ultimate Cocktail Mixologist and a really cold tent on the roof of a building in Manhattan in November.

Heres the details on the product.. It will begin distribution on January 15th 2009 and will be available at Home Depot across the country. It will be available in two sizes, 12 pound bag @ list priceof $ 9.49 Twin 16.5 pound bags @ list price of $16.99. The product will also be available at supermarkets and hardware stores that already carry Kingsford.

I have only grilled with the product so far and have been happy with the results. With the cover off of the weber tempertures of 700-800 degrees are possible to acheive. I plan on using some this week in the backwwods to smoke some turkeys. The product is in briquet form, being made from lump hardwood and then compressed in a briquet with an organic flavorless binder. it has a nice hardwood aroma as it burns. Thanks to Kingsford for hosting a great event.
Seems real expensive. what will make me use this over an $8/20 pound bag of royal oak?
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote