GURU eyelets for WSM - question for owners

Jaskew82

is Blowin Smoke!
Any out there use these? I know this will sound like a stupid question but will the GURU thermos (meat and pit) fit through the eyelets? I was going to use a home brew version but couldn't find a lamp rod with a large enough hole to fit the put sensor.

Anyone with insight on this?

I have the eyelets in my WSM and both my Maverick probes fit in there. You have to feed them 1 at a time. It can be a little snug getting the 2nd probe in with the first wire making the hole smaller but it works. Now I don't know how they compare in size to the guru probes, but maybe this is a start.

I read on the website that the maverick stuff fits through but I am not confident in the guru thermos for the DIGIQ.

I use them. I have a Stoker, but the business end of thermos will squeeze through the Guru eyelets just fine. I imagine the same applies for the Guru probes since they sell them.

Stoker and Guru both sell eyelets. I have both, and prefer the Guru version because the metal's a little more substantial.

Good to know - I know it sounds stupid but I don't feel like spending money to find out they don't suit my needs. I could call them but I am lazy.

I ordered the grommets from http://www.rocksbarbque.com for my WSM and I can fit three probes through it, BUT, I had to bend a couple of the probes a little to make them fit through due to the length of the tube. Another friend of mine has the guru grommets and he fits at least two through them without bending...

I can tell you 100%, without a doubt that the BBQ Guru thermal sensors fit through the eyelets. I have them on both of my 22.5" WSM's and use DigiQ II's on both of them with the appropriate supplied probes.

UPDATE!:

They don't fit the guru supplied pit thermo! It fits the meat thermo just fine but the pit sensor attached via gator clip doesn't fit! Really F'n stupid if you ask me.

UPDATE!:

They don't fit the guru supplied pit thermo! It fits the meat thermo just fine but the pit sensor attached via gator clip doesn't fit! Really F'n stupid if you ask me.

Did you take the alligator clip off?
Sorry, couldn't resist that one. :mrgreen: That is ridiculous, I have an old Competitor model and I use only the pit probe most of the time.

Back