Standing Rib Roast on the Assassin (pics)

kevinc

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Yesterday, I made a standing rib roast on the Assassin.

I made a paste out of equal parts fresh oregano, basil, parsley and rosemary mixed with some garlic, salt pepper and olive oil

wH9K2pv.jpg

I cooked it at 350 with my last few chunks of Apple wood for about 2ish hours until the probe read 125. I got distracted by conversation so I didn't actually pull it off until it was about 130ish.

It turned out delicious all the same

qghIHeR.jpg
QWgwEsT.jpg

I was in a bit of a rush while prepping and forgot to put a foil pan under the smoker so I ended up with this disgusting grease castle under neath the smoker :heh:

aGEZx4v.jpg

I scraped most of it away but that didn't stop a fox from stopping by later that evening.

Cheers

Looks awesome! Neat castle as well :wink:

That's a fine looking rib roast! Nothing quite compares when they are done right such as that fine looking specimin. Good job. :clap:

That standing rib roast looks stunning. Next time I'm at Costco, I'm going to look for one.

I was in a bit of a rush while prepping and forgot to put a foil pan under the smoker so I ended up with this disgusting grease castle under neath the smoker :heh:

aGEZx4v.jpg

I scraped most of it away but that didn't stop a fox from stopping by later that evening.

Cheers
What did the fox say?? :biggrin:

I wasn't able to post to that thread because it is more than 245 days old.

You most certainly can. There is a message that it is an old thread, but just check on the little box at the bottom of the warning message and click submit:

I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply.

Back