Brinkman Cimmaron is it worth it

Low n Slow

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Found one of these on CL in my area it looks to be weathered but in overall good shape. Looks like a heavy built little smoker. Is it worth 200$ to add a small offset to my collection? Anyone have experience with one no mods done to it. Thanks.

Yes! 1/4" all welded! great little stickburner. I'd get it in a heartbeat if it was here.

If it's just surface rust, it's nothing a little sanding and a fresh coat of hi temp paint on the outside and reseasoning on the inside can't fix.

no experience with brinkman but for 200, seems to be a good price for that unit. Considering brinkman no longer makes them, it might be a great snag.

Doesn't require a lot of mods, and it is a very well built pit. New they were in the $800 range.

A Cimmaron was my first pit. Still have it, but does get used much anymore. WSMs are just to easy to use.

Go for it. My wife got me mine for a birthday, I think she spent over 1k for it.
The only mod I have done was to replace the coal grate with a larger one to get it higher off the log starter.

I have one and posted some pic's in another thread after I rehabbed it: surface rust, grates and mod's. It works great, nice little offset. Get some help loading and unloading, very heavy for it's size!

Go get that thing! It looks like it's in great shape and for $200!

I wouldn't change it to a reverse flow, it's a great smoker as it is.

"Firebrick lined firebox, propane side burner and propane log lighter in the firebox. This is a great BBQ pit for people who want to burn lump charcoal or hardwood. Fresh coat of paint, but still isn't the prettiest exterior. New baffles and firebrick"

GET IT!! That thing would sell for $300 plus around here. Just do Tuning plates if need be. :thumb:

It sounds like it has plates maybe I've emailed him waiting on a response. The only thing is it's like a 2hr drive but oh well no biggie to me.

Just add 2 new thermos in the lower corners of the lid. :wink: Ask for more pics and if they look good ....Get on the Road.

Back