breakfast help.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am looking for an egg/sausage/cheese kinda cassarole that I can cook on my smoker. I really dont want the "smoke" flavor just want it to cook for breakfast at comps. I was thinking of using the "cartons" of eggs as well for ease, any suggestions?

thanks,Sal

At our teardrop camper gatherings, Mountain Man Breakfast is a regular Saturday morning staple. Here are a couple of friends of mine making their version...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARKTRxaDc64"]Our Version of Mountain Man Breakfast - YouTube[/ame]

CD

What I do at home on the Egg.

Half a bag Frozen hash browns
1 Onion diced
1/2 cup pickled jalapeno
2 roma tomato diced
1 pound pre cooked Fatty chopped
6 eggs
2 cups Cheddar or whatever cheese you like
1 aluminum pan
Diced green onions

add the potatoes and chopped onion to a greased pan cook 15 minutes at 375.
add the beaten eggs then spread the veggies and sausage. top with the shredded cheese cook until the eggs are done.

I serve it with salsa and sour cream and top with green onions

What I do at home on the Egg.

Half a bag Frozen hash browns
1 Onion diced
1/2 cup pickled jalapeno
2 roma tomato diced
1 pound pre cooked Fatty chopped
6 eggs
2 cups Cheddar or whatever cheese you like
1 aluminum pan
Diced green onions

add the potatoes and chopped onion to a greased pan cook 15 minutes at 375.
add the beaten eggs then spread the veggies and sausage. top with the shredded cheese cook until the eggs are done.

I serve it with salsa and sour cream and top with green onions

and of course pepper and cajun seasoning.

Friend of mine does an egg casserole - really no set proportions. Very similar to the mountain man video, but she adds a lot of veggies. Onions, peppers, mushrooms, brocolli, eggs, sausage, cheese, eggs.. dump it all together and throw it in a 350* oven - or in your case, pit.

Here is recipe I use when I'm having people over for breakfast and don't want alot of hassle. It recommends prepping it the night before which may be beneficial if you want to just pop it in the next morning, but its just as good if you make it and throw it in right away. After it cools briefly you just cut, pick it up, and eat. No dishes and/or cleanup if you use a foil pan.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/breakfast-casserole-recipe/index.html

Now that we have the larger trailer we have more flex, but when we were using the tent or pop up, my wife used to pre-make frittatas with eggs, and name it, sausage, bacon, peppers, etc. She cooked them up in advance, and wrapped them in foil. We could either toss them in a cooker, or on the little coleman oven that goes on the coleman camp stove we used to drag around.

Not ala minute, but tasty, filling, and always enough to share with our neighbors

Fark man, thanks a lot everybody, now I'm starving for breakfast. :tsk: That mountain man thingy looks goood!

what about left over brisket? that might be killer..oh and homefries...oh and bacon....and....

looks eggs are for dinner!!!

Personally, I go head over heels for any kind of Italian sausage or Portuguese sausage scramble. Lots of good cheese and taters is always part of the meal. I never forget the fresh diced peppers n onions either.

since Im cooking why dont you come over to my house, that way I dont have to pack up my cooker.:crazy:
Since I'm not that far from you what time should I be there? :-D:-D:-D

And no - it's not crazy to practice breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day you know!

Back