View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #44
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjenkins1 View Post
Awesome, did you get it from Academy?

Jeff
Yes. Right now, with free shipping the price just can't be beat. Much appreciation for pointing me to their site. Since we don't have their stores around here, I never shop their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtBurner View Post
They had the #8 next to the #5 when I bought mine. One reason I did not get it is because I did not want to lug that thing up and downstairs to the basement where I store it LOL
I wish I had seen the #5 next to the #8 prior. I probably would have made the same decision you did. I think this thing has to be stored in the garage or the crawlspace. Our kitchen is just way to small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
Now that you have the grinder you will find that it would be in your best interest to purchase a good sausage stuffer.
Totally agree. I actually got the 5# stuffer from Northern Tool last year. I used the Kitchenaid grinder two or three times to stuff sausage. Pain! A real stuffer makes the job so much easier. I think mine was $90 and worth every penny.

Now to decide what to make first. ... I've made lots of the Italian recipe from the Great Sausage book and always been happy. I've also made the polish, which is good, but never knocks my socks off. Same with the simple andouille recipe I've found on the net. The internet has so many recipes it always gives me analysis paralysis! I also got a Sausagemaker.com kit for bologna, polish salami, and pepperoni (already made the summer sausage and regular salami - both were good, but didn't knock my socks off. Everyone preferred the summer sausage using the recipe that floats around here).

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote