• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Flame Kissed Flat Iron Chuckie

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
So Mongo chose the “Chucky Challenge” for the current Throwdown and Flat Iron Steak was the first item on the Chucky menu. Love that cut and couldn’t resist joining in!
chuck.png

We had three grills going to cook items for the “Let’s Make Dagwood Drool” TD and some of this Flat Iron was scheduled in a layer on that monstrosity. So here we go!
MSD took control on most of this selection so I gotta give her the credit. – Started with a nicely marbled Flat Iron and marinated for about 4 hours.
View attachment 90694
MSD was a lucky winner from Big Butz “I believe in BBQ Santa” we rubbed it down with some “Getting Roasted” (yes I was) seasoning – Thanks Big Butz!
View attachment 90695
The moist meat from the marinade soaked up the seasoning well there was more on it than it looks – Ready to get going!
View attachment 90696
Got the Weber Performer with Stok Cast Iron grates all heated up and ready for a Hot and Fast sear on the outside and keep it rare on the inside Flat Iron Beauty
View attachment 90697
Side one on the grill, Oh smell the aroma
View attachment 90698
Time to flip this baby
View attachment 90699
Add some fresh made Garlic butter!
View attachment 90700
Looking Pretty
View attachment 90701
Love the Flame kissed succulent beef!
View attachment 90702
Oh more Smoke and Flames!
View attachment 90703
Time to pull her off the Grill!
View attachment 90704
Gotta let her rest awhile - The hard part- I just want to eat it!
View attachment 90705
Nice sear and rare at the same time
View attachment 90706
Check this marbling!
View attachment 90707
Is that Rare?
View attachment 90708
Plated with sides of Baked Potato, Corn on the Cob, and Grilled Mushrooms / Onions
View attachment 90709
A little closer look
View attachment 90710
Oh This is Good!
View attachment 90711
And this is my favorite shot except the one you cannot see in my mouth! This Flat Iron was absolutely Stupid Good. MSD out did herself this time.
View attachment 90712

We really like the flat iron cut and this was the best one I ever ate

Thanks for Looking
MSD and SD

Last edited:
:clap: I don't know how you managed to save enough to put some on your sandwich. That looks farking great!

Back