View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
Mdboatbum
Full Fledged Farker

Put me in the "who cares?" column. I'm pretty bored with these "send a gay, ethnic, weird, fat or what have you guy out on the road to eat and blather on endlessly about it" shows. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gay, ethnic, weird, fat or what have you type people, I'm just sick of seeing them do the same things over and over and over. You know what I wanna see in a food show? PEOPLE COOKING AND TELLING ME HOW THEY DO IT. What a novel concept eh?
Bourdain was entertaining for about a minute and a half, until his holier than thou bitterness just really started to give me a rash. Alton Brown's first "Feasting on..." series was pretty entertaining until he too was bitten by the "I'm smarter than anyone I'm interviewing and I'm going to make sure they know it" bug. That "Hook, Line and Dinner" show showed some promise, but I'm pretty sure it's been cancelled. The Hairy Biker guys were fantastic, so of course they were cancelled as well. If we can't have actual cooking shows anymore, I'd really like to see something different. I want Sarah Moulton, Samantha Brown and the surviving "Fat Lady" traveling around in an RV drinking like fish and cooking for various events around the country, usually ending up in bar brawls. Afterwards we see them sitting in a jail cell, hung over and bloodied, recounting the lessons learned, the people they met and the foods they cooked until Emeril shows up to bail them out. Maybe there could be a special Holiday episode in which they could meet up with Giada and Rachel on some sort of booze fueled, bikini clad "Thelma and Louise" pilgrimage. Ending of course with them blowing up the Food network studios and all five of them holding hands in the RV as it plunges off the edge of the grand canyon. Is that too much to ask?
Mdboatbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->