View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #8316
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb1216 View Post
i was thinkin about the plate above charcoal basket too. if you used a 10" maybe ill run down to the old local pizza joint and ask if i can have an old 12" pizza pan and maybe a 16" too (im very much into tryin to scavange as many parts as possible so i can tell people i got less than $50 in it and produce great bbq) and try them mounted above my basket my next question is gonna be should i drill holes or not how big of holes and how many? or i'll just experament with them until i get a good balance. another thing is ill start mounting closest to the basket cuz i know aluminum doesnt hold heat so its more for the heat to go around ( and through if i drill holes). and yup i got the same $7 thermos on amazon .now i need to find the 12" thermo you got at walmart. was it lables a fryer thermometer candy thermometer or what? and how much? also after reading some more posts im gonna take my verticle pipe off and just run a valve off the nipple just to nip any drafting problems right in the bud. thanks for helpin me with my questions and being about the same experience with these uds' we can help each other with this
Walmart carries a 16" pizza pan for $3. Also, check out thrift stores like Salvation Army and Goodwill if you have them in your area. They are great for finding stuff like this. Below is what I grabbed on day for only a couple bucks. The black one worked really good.

[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->