Saturday/Sunday contests

Podge

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I wish KCBS's website had an easy way to search which competitions are held on Sat./Sun. but they do not. Can you all suggest some good competitions that will probably happen in 2014? I would kind of like to plan on going to some. :thumb:

February 22-23, 2014 (Saturday-Sunday) - San Juan, Puerto Rico. Ancillaries on Saturday, with KCBS categories on Sunday (1 hour between turn-ins).

I can't wait! 75+ degrees in FEBRUARY!!!

February 22-23 (Saturday-Sunday) - San Juan, Puerto Rico. Ancillaries on Saturday, with KCBS categories on Sunday (1 hour between turn-ins).

I think this would be a fun one to cook, but maybe a little expensive :-D

My wife just started a new job and wont get off until 6pm on Fridays but is off on Saturdays and Sundays as well as the summer. So during the school year we too are looking at trying to find more Sat-Sun contests so that way we can start our season earlier and keep going later. Right now what I am doing is just as soon as I see a contest listed for next year on the KCBS website I check how far it is away and then on a calender I check to see if Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun.

My wife just started a new job and wont get off until 6pm on Fridays but is off on Saturdays and Sundays as well as the summer. So during the school year we too are looking at trying to find more Sat-Sun contests so that way we can start our season earlier and keep going later. Right now what I am doing is just as soon as I see a contest listed for next year on the KCBS website I check how far it is away and then on a calender I check to see if Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun.

The competition that was held in Davenport last June was Saturday/Sunday. They had some issues with power and water availability, but it was the first time at that site, so they should be able to resolve those. I haven't looked to see if it is listed for 2014 or not.

It is listed Ron L and it is a Saturday Sunday again. It is after school lets out for Summer so we will see, already on our list, but i appreciate some of the other info you gave as well. That may help determine alot. It is 291 miles away from me so still barely in my travel distance.

The competition that was held in Davenport last June was Saturday/Sunday. They had some issues with power and water availability,

You can say that again, I had to run a 100 foot drop to get electricity that I paid for!
They also cashed my check, but lost my entry! I thought parking was a pain in the butt. I don't know why they didn't just throw us out into the green space along the river.

I wish KCBS's website had an easy way to search which competitions are held on Sat./Sun. but they do not. Can you all suggest some good competitions that will probably happen in 2014? I would kind of like to plan on going to some. :thumb:

I know a Sat/Sun contest that is planning on making it a double header... a Fri/Sat, then a sat/sun and Monday is a holiday....

February 22-23, 2014 (Saturday-Sunday) - San Juan, Puerto Rico. Ancillaries on Saturday, with KCBS categories on Sunday (1 hour between turn-ins).

I can't wait! 75+ degrees in FEBRUARY!!!

YOU GOTTA BE CHITTEN ME!!! I'm getting on a cruise the 23rd in San Juan.:mad2::mad2: I just booked the flights yesterday. Grrrr!
If nothing else I could have flown in early and finally used that cbj badge layin in the drawer.
I'm so kickin myself in the a$$ for this one.:evil::evil:

YOU GOTTA BE CHITTEN ME!!! I'm getting on a cruise the 23rd in San Juan.:mad2::mad2: I just booked the flights yesterday. Grrrr!
If nothing else I could have flown in early and finally used that cbj badge layin in the drawer.

You may be able to change the fights if it's within 24 hours.

Hijack alert!

What ship are you going on? We're on the Celebrity Summit our of San Juan in a few weeks going to St. Croix, Dominica, St. Kitts, Grenada and St. Thomas.

Dang I'm pi$$ed. Anyway Chad. Liberty & Connersville are both Sat-Sun comps.

You may be able to change the fights if it's within 24 hours.

Hijack alert!

What ship are you going on? We're on the Celebrity Summit our of San Juan in a few weeks going to St. Croix, Dominica, St. Kitts, Grenada and St. Thomas.
I saw that on FB. I was gonna tell ya I was jealous. Cause I gotta wait.

Were on RC Adventure of the Seas. St Croix, St Martin, Antigua, St Lucia and Barbados.

I may make a call to US Air in a little bit. If I can get the flight changed to Saturday the 22nd I'm gonna at least judge!

The Battle of the BBQ Brethren, the hallmark event for the Brethren is a two day event usually held in August.

Eric

OH cry me a river! The last "cruise" i went on I went to Madison, Westport, New Albany, and ended in Louisville. All on the beautiful OHIO RIVER!:becky::thumb:

Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th May 2014. Q on the Canal 2. In Snarestone England U.K. We would be glad to host a few U.S. teams. If we get over 15 teams it is a bung for the Jack and Royal too. :-D

Back