• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

work party BBQ

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I hosted a goodbye luncheon for a colleague who is going back to Germany after working with us for 3 months. He has been wanting an American BBQ so I tried to give him one!

I asked last week how best to reheat ribs.I cooked them on Sat. Let them cool then put them in plastic wrap in the fridge overnight. On Sunday, I cut them and put them in vac bags, back in the fridge. I already had pulled pork in the freezer using the same vac bags.

In the first pic my new BBQ cart. Its very handy ;) Loaded and ready to go

Second pic I am heating up the ribs and pulled pork in my mother in laws old roaster. She ended up giving it to me since she does not use it anymore, she is 93 and forgot she even had one (score on that one!!!) It works great for this and other things as well

3rd and 4th pic are of the luncheon. The first fellow in the third pic is from Russia, we are an international company for sure lol

Everyone loved the food. It was a real nice time

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1082[1].jpg
    IMG_1082[1].jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1083[1].jpg
    IMG_1083[1].jpg
    41 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1085[1].jpg
    IMG_1085[1].jpg
    43 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1086[1].jpg
    IMG_1086[1].jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 255
thanks guys!!

I was real happy with the beans, and they were an afterthought

I just got some cheap pork and beans, put cut up rib tips in it with some apricot preserves and dark brown sugar.

Put them in the vertical smoker with pecan. Smoked them at 250 for about 2 hours.

Man they came out real good!!! Very simple too

You sir are a good man to share some real BBQ for a co-worker party - it would have been way to easy to just cater from a chain joint with meh-quality! I'm sure the Q was great and who knows he might carry the message home and expand the BBQ world a little more.

Great job my friend!

The food looks awesome and the international experience may help him to learn to Q when he gets back home. Like Dave said

actually I work for a German company.

The president of our division has moved to our facility and of course, he is german as well.

I was talking to him at the party, he was asking me about how I cooked. He told me he just bought a grill after moving here from europe.

His wife wanted him to buy propane, nope, he wanted charcoal!

Then he tells me, get this...

He was in HD not long ago and they had lump on sale so he bought 10 bags!!

I almost fell over, I thought he was a Brethern for a minute there LOL

we will get along just fine I think!!!

actually I work for a German company.

The president of our division has moved to our facility and of course, he is german as well.

I was talking to him at the party, he was asking me about how I cooked. He told me he just bought a grill after moving here from europe.

His wife wanted him to buy propane, nope, he wanted charcoal!

Then he tells me, get this...

He was in HD not long ago and they had lump on sale so he bought 10 bags!!

I almost fell over, I thought he was a Brethern for a minute there LOL

we will get along just fine I think!!!
You'll know he's a Brethren if he serves MOINKs at his first dinner party and tells you about this hilarious frog with monkey video that you HAVE to watch!!!

Back