Shack Attack BBQ Sauce Recipe

Doing some ribs for that football game on Sunday. I will try and make some of this tonight and get it ready for the game. Does the type of Paprika make a big difference?

I use Hungarian paprika or McCormicks brand that is sold at a local store.

I made this and let is sit for a few days in the fridge. Last night while making my lunch (chicken breast) I drizzled some of this on there. Wow! I really like the taste of this on the chicken. This is a keeper for sure!!!!

I used Sriracha for hot sauce, pinch of cayenne and used fresh cracked peppercorns--yum!

Made some of this last night. Pretty good but kinda tasted like the hot sauce I used (Red Rooster) and some vinegar. Gave it a taste tonight and it had some xtra flavor it didnt seem to have yesterday. Grabbed some leftover PP I had in the fridge and went through half a small bottle of this stuff. Good stuff. Gonna start playing with it now and throw in some tweaks. Thanks for posting.

Just made my second batch tonight, going to be using it again on some ribs I made a couple weeks ago. This stuff is incredible.

I did add brown sugar and Hunt's 100% Natural ketchup to make it stick to the ribs a bit more and sweeten it up for the midwesterners here. Turned out great.

Just made my second batch tonight, going to be using it again on some ribs I made a couple weeks ago. This stuff is incredible.

I did add brown sugar and Hunt's 100% Natural ketchup to make it stick to the ribs a bit more and sweeten it up for the midwesterners here. Turned out great.

Sounds like a tasty addition!

I did a batch of the original and a batch of Cajun blend.Next up is Honey.Very good base to start out and tweak it til it fits what you want.Thanks for the recipe my friend.

It's my night off work and I just whipped up a batch of this stuff about 2 hours ago. Tastes pretty good from the get go, but I'm going to let it sit in the fridge for a couple of days to let the flavors meld. I will use on sunday or monday when I do my first butt in my new 22.5 WSM.

Awesome sauce. I made a batch a few days ago, that I reduced some raspberries and added to it. My wife loved it on some ABT's but looked at me funny when I put it on pizza today and just shook her head and said "No".

Her loss, more for me! :p

I have just made a new batch two days ago, and replaced 1/2 cup of the vinegar and the 1/4 cup of water with apple juice, and used Sriracha as hot sauce. Didn't taste it yet, but the next pulled pork sandwich can't be that far away. :mrgreen:

I made a batch last night. Had Cholula sauce in the cupboard and a bamix at the ready. DANG! It's good... right off the bat.

I will have to make a much hotter batch for my boyfriend. He is a ghost pepper kind of guy.

*Looks in pantry. Realizes he has all the ingredients on hand.

Be right back!

While my chipotle coffee bbq sauce was simmering, I decided to make a second batch of shack attack today. I used franks red hot (a bit more than 1/4 cup as I wanted some more heat) for this batch (sriracha for the first) and about 4oz of leftover blackberries from the jam I made yesterday that I reduced for about 90 minutes.

tqU3W6N.jpg

I finally got off of my lazy backside and made a batch of this last weekend. I followed the original recipe exactly, using Frank's Redhot as the pepper sauce.

The first taste after it was mixed had an overpowering vinegar twang to it, and I thought there was no way this was going to be any good.

It sat in the fridge in a clean Dr. Pepper bottle for a couple of days and I tried it again. What a difference a couple of days make! Much smoother, less 'vinegary'. So far it has been sampled on eggs, Mac-N-Cheese, ring bologna, pork cutlets, and sipped straight from the bottle. I can't wait to play with it a little and try some other styles of pepper sauces.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I continue to love this stuff. Just to add a couple more uses:
Last week,I mixed the Shack Attack with some mayo and made an awesome dipping sauce for vegetables and chicken (kind of like a BBQ version of ranch dressing). It sounds weird, but its tasty.
Tonight, I mixed the Shack Attack with some yellow mustard and made a sauce for pork loin. It was great, kind of similar to a mustard-based BBQ sauce.
This has quickly become a staple in our pantry- it's great on just about everything.

Back