WOW you guys!!!!! I thought I liked burgers! I am gonna need all the entrants addresses for my american burger tour 2011 :) ..... Seriously how does a guy choose just one of these amazing entries. This throwdown should have a second and third place recognition. (drooling) Good work everyone!!!

P.S. ...... Bob damn man, your first on my tour!!!

Uh...Gore? It's been well over 30 minutes. In fact, it's been almost 90 minutes. No Pizza Burger do I see.

However, just looking at that lovely Pizza Burger made me so hungry, I went and got fast food because of the suggestive fast food references throughout your post. While it was nowhere near as good as that Pizza Burger looks, since I did not technically have to pay anything for that Pizza Burger, I will have mercy on you, despite my dinners severe lack of eggplant.

Therefore in regards to whether or not your questionable dish is allowed in this Throwdown...I sentence you to the whim of the voters!

Uh...Gore? It's been well over 30 minutes. In fact, it's been almost 90 minutes. No Pizza Burger do I see.

However, just looking at that lovely Pizza Burger made me so hungry, I went and got fast food because of the suggestive fast food references throughout your post. While it was nowhere near as good as that Pizza Burger looks, since I did not technically have to pay anything for that Pizza Burger, I will have mercy on you, despite my dinners severe lack of eggplant.

Therefore in regards to whether or not your questionable dish is allowed in this Throwdown...I sentence you to the whim of the voters!

Sorry Mr. Big, the pilots returned over an hour ago. The instruments lost the signal while flying over Missouri. Did you remove your foil hat?

Sorry Mr. Big, the pilots returned over an hour ago. The instruments lost the signal while flying over Missouri. Did you remove your foil hat?
Foil hat? Why would I ever wear a foil hat when there are so many taxes to collect? If you haven't noticed, we have to create bigger government to solve all of the worlds problems in an efficient manner, because only the government could possibly do this correctly. Any other way would surely just wind up with all that money back in the taxpayers pockets which would be unacceptable. How can the government spend all that money if the taxpayers have it all?

Yeah I say more the marrier more the fun :)

But don't play favs and rig the contest :p
Well, you don't have to worry about rigging. The polls can't be rigged. They can be shut down, but the numbers can't be changed. Plus, the votes are public so at any time you can see who voted for who, thus eliminating any chance at any funny business.:cool:

I feel so much better now that I found my hat again.

Low Carb Burger

For us horizontally challenge Brethren I summit my no bun burger. Ground chuck was mixed with chopped peppers than topped with asiago cheese,grilled onions,tomatoes,pesto mayo and wrapped in lettuce.

Thanks for looking.

Frank

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 116
At least it's not a Lettuce Wrapped Teriyaki Grilled Tofu Rollup. That would probably cause all sorts of trouble around here.

I'm just joking around. I would hit that burger fo sho!:cool:

There are 23 entries so far, and we still have over 30 hours left for more to enter! This could be the biggest Throwdown ever if we get more entries this weekend. However, the biggest one so far was the "Pizza" Throwdown back in February 2009. In that one we had 33 entries!

At least it's not a Lettuce Wrapped Teriyaki Grilled Tofu Rollup. That would probably cause all sorts of trouble around here.

I'm just joking around. I would hit that burger fo sho!:cool:

There are 23 entries so far, and we still have over 30 hours left for more to enter! This could be the biggest Throwdown ever if we get more entries this weekend. However, the biggest one so far was the "Pizza" Throwdown back in February 2009. In that one we had 33 entries!
That's one burger I will vote on a negative with,

Atkins or Morning star can blow it out my bum :) Bring on the real stuff even if it's chicken :)

Different rules. Only 28 participants. Some had multiple entries.

Different rules. Only 28 participants. Some had multiple entries.
I think that's an important distinction to make too. We have had 23 participate so far compared to 28 then. So if we get more than 28 entries, then it is easy to argue this exceeded that one due to higher participation. If we get 34 contestants, then hands down this will be the biggest one ever.

had to enter this one

although I know my pics aren't that great ( phone camera ) I still had to get in on this TD. I submit my from scratch Bacon Cheeseburgers. The zig zag pics are for scale, And Phu :wink:! Home made patties with the ingredients in photo cooked over maple leaf briquettes and mesquite chips. Cheese onion buns dipped in bacon grease and grilled with a spread of mayo ( NOT MIRACLE WHIP ), american cheese, thick tomato slice and ketchup + mustard to top these giant buggers. Enjoy.
IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg
IMG_0097.jpg
burger2.jpg
I guess use this pic....
nosajyelsew

Last edited:
Here's my entry...the Double Onion Double Cheese BBQ burger! Here's the director's cut "making of" thread.

Burgers...check. Onion rolls and cheese...check. BBQ sauce...check. Beer...check and double check.

100417_1.jpg

I grilled the patties, then brushed on BBQ sauce and topped with a slice of Vermont cheddar. Here is some serious beef-grease-stoked flameage.

100417_2.jpg

Here's the final product. It goes: toasted onion roll, spicy brown mustard, BBQ cheeseburger patty, another BBQ cheeseburger patty, a couple of crispy onion rings, a sprinkling of yet more BBQ sauce and the top of the roll. Please use this pic for the throwdown.

100417_5.jpg

William

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen many people mention regrets about looking at these posts before eating. I have to say while inspecting the awesomeness of the above burger I actually heard my stomach gurgle wantingly. Nicely done!

Back