I went fishin'

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was able to get away this weekend for a few hours to sit beside my favorite little lake. :)
The big fish weren't biting but I had a nice time watching a thunderstorm and the sunset.

007-26-1.jpg

050-5-1.jpg

038-14-1.jpg

Since I didn't catch many fish, I used some mystery filets that were in my freezer.

I rubbed them with olive oil and seasoned them with a lemon pepper seasoning.
095-1.jpg

then grilled my tortillas...

109-1.jpg

113-1.jpg

I made some chipotle slaw and fresh pico de gallo to top the taco...

chipotle slaw recipe...http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57816

124-2-1.jpg

It was a nice day and the grilled fish taco was pretty tasty.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Once again you failed to disappoint. You always post the best looking pics and delicious food!

Once again you failed to disappoint. You always post the best looking pics and delicious food!

Thanks! It was soooo nice out there. I really enjoyed the day. :wink:

Thank you Bill and Peppasawce!
Bill I love fishing too. :thumb:

I used to love to fish, fun even when you don't catch anything. Just relaxing, I miss that. Thanks for posting those great shots. Food looks great too. :thumb:

Great post Jeanie, and the pictures had perfect composition. Beside being a great cook you are a great photographer:clap2:

Ross

That looks soooooooo good SWSW, and I really like the pics of the lake :-D. What a great spot to spend a day getting a line wet, and watching life around you.

Jeanie that is one of my favorite meals. The only thing I add is avocado. Nice work as always.

Wow Jeanie that really looks inviting............I need some of that "fishing" time! Taco looks good also..........

It looks like the fishing was not entirely dry. I though I saw a bottle bass in the first picture.

A beautiful day like that almost makes it a shame to put a hook or bait on the line. You might have to take your eyes off of the beautiful nature surrounding you.

Outstanding as always, Jeanie! "mystery fillets", LOL..I probably got some of those in freezer as well :)

you went fishing and didn't invite me? well i see how ya are... j'k Nice tacos and you can't beat a day on the water with or without a stringer full...

Back