Grey Water Question

MoGreen

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Our first comp is coming up in April and I'm not sure what to do with the water used to clean and sanitize our stuff. Will we need to bring something to contain our Grey Water, or will most comps have a place to dump it? I'd hate to make a muddy mess out of our site. Any suggestions on what to use?

The contest organizer is supposed to provide means to properly dispose of grey water. We got marked down in our evaluation by the KCBS reps last year because we asked the teams to take their grey water with them. This year we will have something in place with some help from the City. My best advice is to check with the contest organizer what the arrangements will be for that particular venue.

The contest organizer is supposed to provide means to properly dispose of grey water. We got marked down in KCBS reps last year because we asked the teams to take their grey water with them.our evaluation by the This year we will have something in place with some help from the City. My best advice is to check with the contest organizer what the arrangements will be for that particular venue.
are you kidding me? if someone could help with that instead of dumpin it all over the place i would be happy with you

Our first comp is coming up in April and I'm not sure what to do with the water used to clean and sanitize our stuff. Will we need to bring something to contain our Grey Water, or will most comps have a place to dump it? I'd hate to make a muddy mess out of our site. Any suggestions on what to use?

Are you talking like a bus tub or a 65 gallon RV gray water tank? Will you be in a parking lot or a grass field? When in a parking lot, we'd look for a culvert or walk it over to a grassy/gravelly area around a fence line - an area that is not going to effect others. We're not dumping chemicals other then some soap and a little bleach - not enough to hurt any grass. In a grassy field - unless the ground is saturated, it will disperse pretty quickly. Just find an area that's out of the way and isn't heavily traveled.

Are you talking like a bus tub or a 65 gallon RV gray water tank?

Man, who would think that someone with a RV would dump their gray water.... The nerve... :roll: I guess they have never been by the Gray Water Bandit...

I put mine in bottles and call it Boondoggle Pale Ale.

Actually, I just dump mine in the grass, too.

I like to dump gray water near the party team tents at the crack of dawn. Always makes a splash. :p :icon_devil

Really don't see much at most contests - people just dump bus tubs wherever. Sometimes it runs into other team sites. Of course I have a 76 gallon tank so I can run a hose out and payback can be a bitch. Usually I just dump in a campground. That's officially my plan for vending. Reality is I have a few acres and lots of room to dump at home if I want.

Way back when before a trailer I dumped wherever I could without impacting other teams. I'd love to see contests have to supply a station for disposal of grey water. Make it a KCBS requirement for sanctioning.

In our case we had a one day KCBS licensed contest that was held in the street. We did not want grey water put down the storm sewer. Both the contest critique and rep critique give the opportunity to rate the contest with respect to disposal of trash/hot ashes/grey water. This year we will be fully sanctioned and in a paved parking lot. We'll have something worked out for those with out RV tanks for this year.

Then there is grey water camouflage....aka rain. Unless foaming rain water naturally occurs at contests on pavement....

In our case we had a one day KCBS licensed contest that was held in the street. We did not want grey water put down the storm sewer. Both the contest critique and rep critique give the opportunity to rate the contest with respect to disposal of trash/hot ashes/grey water. This year we will be fully sanctioned and in a paved parking lot. We'll have something worked out for those with out RV tanks for this year.

Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning for not allowing gray water down the storm sewers? I can understand black water due to the chemicals but gray seems odd as it shouldn't be worse then anything that's going to end up going down it anyway.

Alot of the people at the local dragstrip run the gray water line from their toterhome underneath the front of the trailer when they're on grass, they don't go through that much water at one time so no biggie. Our contest in Huron, SD has a RV dump right there on site.

Back