Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 12th Annual Iowa State BBQ Championship, Marshalltown Iowa, June 25-26

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is our next comp. It's also the town where I grew up - so I'd love a good finish!! Anyone else going?

I thought they were only taking 66 teams?
And how does moe get away with competing under 2 names?
By the way...I sent my money in sunday.

Good catch Mike. That's the list Bob gave me. I will let him know. I am just using same list as last year. Not sure how many they are taking.

As you can tell from the list, we'll be there. We'll have coffee on Saturday morning.

Assuming that I have time to roast during the week, I should also have bags of coffee for sale.

As you can tell from the list, we'll be there. We'll have coffee on Saturday morning.

Assuming that I have time to roast during the week, I should also have bags of coffee for sale.

I'm going to have to come over and try some of that coffee of yours. You selling now?

This is our next comp. It's also the town where I grew up - so I'd love a good finish!! Anyone else going?

Going to make my first visit to Iowa in a couple years--looking forward to what has always been a very good contest!

Ron, I'll stop in for a cup Saturday morning ... and probably buy a bag.

Same for me Ron, I may be looking more forward to the coffee than the contest! lol. On the other hand, if the baby comes on the 23rd as planned, we probably wont be able to make it. :-(

On the other hand, if the baby comes on the 23rd as planned, we probably wont be able to make it. :-(

How many of you would love to see the Big T'z Crew welcome a new baby? I can picture twenty people in the delivery room - all with matching shirts - shouting and hollering the minute that beautiful kid is born! :mrgreen:

Ryan, God's blessings to you, your wife and your new baby!

TippyCanoe BBQ Crew will be there...hoping to redeem ourselves after last years showing:boxing: Pontential for an Iowa contest without Iowa Smokey D's and Big T'z:crazy:...gonna give the rest of us a chance:clap2::becky: Only kidding, I hope you can make it to defend your title, besides it will be sweeter for Boondoogle when they win that way:mod:

:heh::becky:
How many of you would love to see the Big T'z Crew welcome a new baby? I can picture twenty people in the delivery room - all with matching shirts - shouting and hollering the minute that beautiful kid is born! :mrgreen:

Ryan, God's blessings to you, your wife and your new baby!

Half Baked BBQ Crew will be there. Looking forward to this contest. Good luck to all.

TippyCanoe BBQ Crew will be there...hoping to redeem ourselves after last years showing:boxing: Pontential for an Iowa contest without Iowa Smokey D's and Big T'z:crazy:...gonna give the rest of us a chance:clap2::becky: Only kidding, I hope you can make it to defend your title, besides it will be sweeter for Boondoogle when they win that way:mod:

:heh::becky:

I don't think it's a big enough payout for Boondoogle to win it. :roll:

Moe entered the contest early and ten Mike From HAwgeyes sponsored him later so it got added again. We did this same thing two years ago. Back then Lou said he did not want to do any refunds until it was all over so we waited, with our name on the list twice.
Hope you get in. I sent mine in on tuesday, what was I thinking!

See everyone there and will be looking forward to a cup of coffee Ron.

Big Mike

While I'll agree we've been fortunate (of late) at some events with nice payouts - that doesn't mean we're not trying just as hard to be fortunate in Marshalltown, Mason City, Pleasant Lee ... well you get the picture.

Looking forward to seeing everyone up there. Any news on the grounds this year? If M'Town has been receiving as much rain as I have in KC, it's probably a little wet.

Back