• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kamado Restoration Project

Terry, great job! Awesome job! I love it when someone restores an old smoker that was very likely close to getting a ride to the dump.

Outstanding Terry, yes, I would like it in my backyard, if you could just arrange shipping, that would be great.

Thanks everybody, I am pretty proud of how it came out. It must have come from the Orient as you need to be 4' 6" tall to cook on it as it is. :twisted:

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1457514 said:
Thanks everybody, I am pretty proud of how it came out. It must have come from the Orient as you need to be 4' 6" tall to cook on it as it is. :twisted:

That's funny! It's from Japan that's for sure, it looks just like mines as you posted in my "Show me your kamado" thread. I got some Japanese stampings on mines, it's probably the guy's signature who made them.

I just read through this and have to say "well done man." Only one question remains, "did you fire it up and how did it handle?" Hopefully well.

I just read through this and have to say "well done man." Only one question remains, "did you fire it up and how did it handle?" Hopefully well.

Thanks! I have not used it much but did do some wings right after I finished the restore. Some of the best I have ever done. Reminds me I need to get it fired up more often.

Wings

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1457036 said:
Would you want this in your backyard? Looking for a name for it too, Big Orange Egg just does not flow.
YES!!!
Tropicana sprang to mind then Orange Julius.:becky:

orange-julius-free-smoothie.jpg

Back