Happy Weber Discovery

tenpenny_05

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been cooking on my jumbo joe almost exclusively this summer. I love that little thing. I have cranked out some of my best ribs, steak and chicken on it in the last few months.
Last night, I was out on my deck cleaning up and shuffling around my cookers, when I thought to myself about test fitting the cast iron grate from my weber q100/babyQ/g120 onto my jumbo joe. It fit almost perfectly! this is going to be a game changer in my steak cooking rotation!

Maybe not big news to you guys, and you need a bit of a weber collection to pull it off, but I am super excited about this one!

Attachments

• 20180804_203528.jpg
    20180804_203528.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 200
Very cool! Never considered that swap out.:cool:

Cool discovery!

Just looked up that grate as a replacement for my Jumbo Joe...costs more than I paid for the grill lol. Did they ever make them in plain cast iron or are they all porcelain enamel cast iron? How's your grate holding up?

Cool discovery!

Just looked up that grate as a replacement for my Jumbo Joe...costs more than I paid for the grill lol. Did they ever make them in plain cast iron or are they all porcelain enamel cast iron? How's your grate holding up?

I've had two that were 100% cast iron, I threw one away prematurely because i found a cheap replacement on craigslist awhile back. I have seen them porcelain enameled, but I think the older models like mine (pre lid thermometer) were are real cast iron.

I have an extra 1 piece sitting around from when I upgraded mine to the 2 piece....hmmmm

Back