Has there ever been a Double GC before?

ThomEmery

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Rhythm N Que won both the contests at Stagecoach Saturday KCBS/IBCA
Has that ever been done before?

Lotta Bull Took The GC on Sunday

Pellet Envy took GC on Sat/Sun in Iowa last year. Pretty amazing for Diva/VQ.

Close at the GAB last year... Munchin' Hogs won the Invitational on Saturday and was reserve on Sunday. Randy busted Rob on Sunday to prevent the "sweep".

Close at the GAB last year... Munchin' Hogs won the Invitational on Saturday and was reserve on Sunday. Randy busted Rob on Sunday to prevent the "sweep".

Lotta Bull did the same thing in reverse at the Royal in 2005.

Winning back-to-back contests on a Saturday and Sunday would be quite an accomplishment, but R-n-Q won simultaneous contests using different standards and criteria for presentation and judging and I think that is incredible!!

They were having to do turn ins for two contest at virtually the same time -- sometimes with different cuts and rules (i.e. in KCBS you are turning in six individual pieces in chicken, in IBCA you are turning in 1/2 chicken; IBCA meats have to be placed in the box parallel to the hinge; one box can have garnish, one can't etc) yet they are being turned in within 5 minutes of each other etc.

There were several teams on Saturday that simply missed the turn in times, so to get it all right and have the top score at simultaneous, yet different, events is something!! Big congrats Vince and Alexa.

Props go out to Vince and Alexa. I did the contest and it was not easy... It was a lot of effort just to keep track of 2 iddferent kinds of meats, boexes, etc. But to be able to pull it off, my hat is off to you guys...

Now if you really want to impress me for next year... Fly into the contest, use all borrowed equipment and do it on your own...:twisted::twisted:

Good job guys. At least you have matching bookend trophies!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Scottie

Congrats to Vince and Alexa, great showing at all three events. Can't get much better than 2 GC's on Saturday. I wish I got a chance to taste your turn in's, but I know they for sure that they were not at my table.

Have to say, I really missed competiting, cause it is not the same to judge.

Scottie, I guess the brisket on Sunday was much better than Sat?? right.

Scottie, I guess the brisket on Sunday was much better than Sat?? right.

both of my briskets on Sunday were right on... Not sure why my 3 from Saturday tightened up like that. Never had them do that to me before... But I am sure I almost choked the judges with them... :eek:

Thanks for all the use of the equipment David. We'll have to cook one and see how that FE works!!!

Scottie

Jacks old South did win the KCBS and MIM in DC and the cool part was that awards for both were the same day. Can you imagine that high?

Back