• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Competition Coming Up

K

KC Boss

Hey gang, we have our first competition coming up at the end of April. There are 25 teams and it is an invite only deal.

We are going to check out some others before the time comes to do ours. In the meantime, could you give me some advice on what to bring, do, not do, etc.

Thanks gang.

Hey gang, we have our first competition coming up at the end of April. There are 25 teams and it is an invite only deal.

We are going to check out some others before the time comes to do ours. In the meantime, could you give me some advice on what to bring, do, not do, etc.

Thanks gang.

What's the comp?

It's a little deal in Overland Park. I do not know the name but I know it is not sanctioned. Just something to get our feet wet. It is April 25-26.

Any suggestions, I see you are a judge?

Since it isn't sanctioned, find out what the rules are. Specifically look for rules on garnish, sauce, food prep, etc.

When and Where? I know several people in Overland Park who would love to get into a backyard type event.

I have a good checklist for comps. PM me w/ your email address and I'll send it to you.

When and Where? I know several people in Overland Park who would love to get into a backyard type event.

Don't know the specifics. All I know is that it is an invite towards the end of April. Our buddy was invited and we put together a team. I will let you know more when I have more info so you can bring your neighborhood out to meet us.

Don't know the specifics. All I know is that it is an invite towards the end of April. Our buddy was invited and we put together a team. I will let you know more when I have more info so you can bring your neighborhood out to meet us.

Is this your own Beef fest you were talking about? Or is it a new comp getting started?

Good luck with it.

There are a couple of places to go to get a starter list.I know KCBS has one on there site. I can't remember where the others are, Pm Ron he'll get you one.

Packing List

Here's a copy of our list. It's combined from a number of lists in previous topics and has gone through one season with two comps.

Attachments

• Pork Pistols BBQ Cookoff Checklist.xls
    39 KB · Views: 16

Thanks gang.
I would like to know more on this. How do you get invited?

I would like to know more on this. How do you get invited?

One of the gang made some pulled pork for an event where a KCBS judge happened to be. He shot him over an invite and the rest is history.

Is this your own Beef fest you were talking about? Or is it a new comp getting started?

Good luck with it.

There are a couple of places to go to get a starter list.I know KCBS has one on there site. I can't remember where the others are, Pm Ron he'll get you one.

New Comp.

Nope, not Beef Fest. LMFAO! You must be from the ring-a-ding ding dong. Too bad those Nancys could not handle my humor. Tell them all they are only missing out on good natured fun. It is pretty sad when a few tools speak up and the owner has to ban you like that for just having an odd sense of humor which was taken waaay out of context.

Anyway. I am much happier here and look forward to sharing ideas with everyone. Oh yeah, and pimping my blog since everyone thinks that is my sole purpose.

Back