1st ever pork belly (non bacon) cook for me.

Looks good. I scrapped my outdoor cooking plans today. Nasty, windy mess out there.

Ditto! Whenever it is not raining it has been threatening to rain. With the wo nd blowing, a canopy or umbrella won't help enough to make it worthwhile so no actual cooking today. I did marinate 20 lbs of chicken thighs and cured some bacon, so when the weather starts behaving I will be ready.

In the meantime, I will look at these pictures of gorgeous roasted pork belly and then go out to dinner!

Looks good. I scrapped my outdoor cooking plans today. Nasty, windy mess out there.
Wait a second we're in the same town and I'm cooking. :becky:

Anyways it's pulled about 3.5 hours and pics coming soon!!

I would have powered through if it was anything exciting. I marinated some wings last night, figured I could do oven followed by indoor grill. Firing up the Lang and sitting outside just wasn't sounding right for eight wings.

Good for you Fwismoker!

Don't let a little wind or rain stop your fun.

Looking good!

Ok the verdict...I'm addicted !!! I'd imagine this is the first full size pork belly rotisseried (not rolled) or basket cooked. I honestly believe this will change the way people cook so many things including pork belly, ribs etc...

Completely fat rendered and the dimensions started out at 13x11 and finished @ 9.5 x10

Well, I guess rotisserie has been reinvented. How's the moist factor?
Yes it has been reinvented, it's part of the most versatile rotisserie system in the world i believe.

Jim it was amazingly moist, cook was 3.5 hours but varying temps

That looks really farkin' good, Keith.

Good to see you forkin' around back in the Fort. Interested to hear how the flavors worked out (especially with the glaze and whatnot).

Nice Belly Brother!

funny that you sliced it like bacon - Habit?

It looks amazing - the fat rendered and added wonderful flavors! How was the surface crunch?

That looks good, makes me want to go out and buy some pork belly.
Care to share your cider vinegar glaze?

That looks really farkin' good, Keith.

Good to see you forkin' around back in the Fort. Interested to hear how the flavors worked out (especially with the glaze and whatnot).
Thanks Marc, wish you were here in the Fort to enjoy some of it..I woulda delivered! Flavors were incredible, soooo glad I glazed it.

Nice Belly Brother!

funny that you sliced it like bacon - Habit?

It looks amazing - the fat rendered and added wonderful flavors! How was the surface crunch?
Thanks! I sliced it like bacon just because it was a whole belly and i wanted to see how the look was compared to bacon. Oh and it didn't have the "crunch" because it was skinless.

That looks good, makes me want to go out and buy some pork belly.
Care to share your cider vinegar glaze?
Sure but I never make it exactly... just do it from scratch. From experience now i can just eyeball how much apple cider vinegar I want then add ketchup ( maybe 1/2 cup) brown sugar or cane sugar... today i didn't have brown sugar and added cane, honey and it little corn syrup and some jamaican jerk rub. It was amazing, It's something you can tweak as you go to get the flavor profile you want.

Last edited:
Back