1st Fathers day Weber smokey mountain!!!!

twofishy4u

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Couldn't believe it. Came home from my in-laws fathers day and there was a new Weber Smokey mountain on my Porch!!!! Fully assembled and ready to go! My mom has heard me talk about them and she enjoys the pork ribs and shoulders I have done on my home made 15 gallon drum so she thought this would be a nice gift for fathers day. Can't believe it! What a great gift. It is going right now with a mix of Grove lump Charcoal and stubbs with a little apple wood. Going to bed soon, figure I'll check it a few times tonight and by 6am I'll have some kicka$$ pork for lunch.

18" should be plenty big enough for us. We are having a huge party for my son's 1st b-day next month. Figure I'll need 25-30 lbs of shoulder. This will handle it no problem.

Being a dad is the best thing ever, but getting a WSM... That's a great Father's Day gift!

Congratulations!

Wahoo, way to go, pictures of your food will be nice.

Excellent gift!!! It is one of those gift's that keeps on giving, year after year. I know your family will enjoy it as much as you.

started my shoulder at 10pm last night, checked at 11 still going at 230 degrees, went to bed and got up at 515 am. Checked shoulder it was at 195 degrees internally. Pulled it off, Wrapped it, went to bed and at 7am had a perfectly done shoulder for sandwiches. 1st cook was a success...and totally unattended. It was at 225 degrees when I pulled it at 515am. Man this weber rocks!!! Was going to take pics but my wife declared I was going crazy! Sorry, next time.

Glad to hear it went well! I love my WSM for that same reason...very little fuss with great results. We did ribs and chicken yesterday and everything turned out great.

Congratulations, your Mom is a real sweetie for thinking about you-I was lucky enough to have my Mom come up this weekend to attend my son's HS graduation & help me get ready for the picnic on Saturday. My WSM was in use Thurs-Sat- we had pulled pork, ribs, brisket, & smoked chicken thighs, fed about 50 friends & family, & didn't run out of food (OK, I could have used more bean dip & poundcake). I hope you enjoy many happy Father's Days to come....

Congrats on your Fathers day gift! Sounds like you nailed it!:clap:

Back