Oinktoberfest Roll Call Clarence NY (merged)

pigmaker23

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
OINKTOBERFEST Sept 28-30

Late Breaking News from Buffalo.. The Charley Daniels Band will be Playing on Friday Night at Oinktoberfest !! your registration as a team also gets you 6 tickets to the show !!! this was a great contest last year and this just makes it better... :p

OK that is too cool ............ I just saw in the local paper today that they are playing Poughkeepsie on Saturday night. Was bummed becuase I was going to be at the Oinktoberfest.
Now I get both
NICE!

Oinktoberfest just gets better and better every year. This will be our third year competing there. Stop by for a cup of hot chocolate and dress warm. Last years contest was just one weekend before the blizzard!

Oinktoberfest just gets better and better every year. This will be our third year competing there. Stop by for a cup of hot chocolate and dress warm. Last years contest was just one weekend before the blizzard!

ahhhh western NY in the fall, we tried to acclimate by doing Lake Placid in July. Our garnish guy swears it got down to 38....

Look for post coming soon from George the organizer with more details

More on Oinktoberfest

Oinktoberfest is scheduled for September 28 - 30, 2007. In its 6th year, the BBQ Competition has become one of the premiere events in Western New York and in conjunction with the The Great Pumpkin Farm Fall Festival
there is something to do for all ages.

Teams competing in the KCBS contest will get up to six wrist bands which includes the concert. Additional tickets for Friday night's Charlie Daniels concert are available at the WNY Event Centre (716/759-6300) and at all Ticketmaster locations as well as on their website. General admission tickets are $20.00 for this outdoor concert, rain or shine.

There are still a few spaces left for Saturday's KCBS sanctioned contest which is also a New York State Championship. You can get the application HERE.

Sunday's competition is for the Backyard BBQers' and there is also a Chili category. All contests are open to anyone.

There will be music, children's games, pumpkin shooting, hayrides, a beer tent and other entertainment all weekend. Bring the whole family. For more details check the schedule.

Thanks & looking forward to meeting you in September
George Booth

I agree, this contest is GREAT!
How can you miss with a pumpkin cannon AND the Charley Daniels?!?

Although we did just miss the blizzard-bullet last year. I'm imagining everyone, and all their BBQ stuff, under three feet of snow... eek!

QUESTION though, do the Saturday KCBS teams have to be out of their sites by about 7a.m. (again) on Sunday to make room for the Backyard teams to come in?

Thanks...

I agree, this contest is GREAT!
How can you miss with a pumpkin cannon AND the Charley Daniels?!?

Although we did just miss the blizzard-bullet last year. I'm imagining everyone, and all their BBQ stuff, under three feet of snow... eek!

QUESTION though, do the Saturday KCBS teams have to be out of their sites by about 7a.m. (again) on Sunday to make room for the Backyard teams to come in?

Thanks...

Michelle

To answer your question:
Usually we have enough teams from Sat moving out to accommodate those coming in Sunday... but if you are leaving Sun, please free up the space as early as possible... Just makes life easier for those coming in Sun. There will be plenty of space to park equipment, trailers, etc. if you want to hang around on Sun.

Thanks
George

The Giggling Pigs wouldn't miss it! We had a very cold stretch of weather last week through the weekend. Hopefully, the weather cycle will be kind. Calling for 70's (day), 50's (night). I'll keep up with the forecast.

Not sure if everyone knows, but the gates are being closed at 4pm so security can do their thing for the concert. After the gates are locked, you have to wait to bring anything in until after the concert, which could be late. I know there are some teams traveling quite a distance, it would pay to be here a little early.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! No vending this year, just fun and games!

...looking forward to it!

We are taking off Thursday night to drive halfway up.... don't wanna miss the 4pm cutoff on Friday, that could be disastrous since turn-ins are Saturday.

see y'all there!

8 Ball and the 'Que Sticks will debut at Oinktoberfest! Can't wait to meet y'all and start cooking!

Aaron Corette

8 Ball and the 'Que Sticks will debut at Oinktoberfest! Can't wait to meet y'all and start cooking!

Aaron Corette

Good name! Is this your 1st contest? Or have you cooked with another team?

Last edited:
Good name! Is this your 1st contest? Or have you cooked with another team?

First time out. See some of my bio in the Cattle call: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31333

Thanks for the support on the name; I have a logo in the works and using it as a theme for decorating the site. I'd love for all to stop by at Oinktoberfest and say hi! If any of you have little ones, bring them by my site - I have prizes for those who answer a trivia question right. (actually my questions are in age-appropriate categories, so even you older "kids" can get a prize for a correct answer.)

I'm so excited about my first contest! Can't sleep at all anymore just thinking about it. :roll:

Aaron Corette

First time out. See some of my bio in the Cattle call: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31333

Thanks for the support on the name; I have a logo in the works and using it as a theme for decorating the site. I'd love for all to stop by at Oinktoberfest and say hi! If any of you have little ones, bring them by my site - I have prizes for those who answer a trivia question right. (actually my questions are in age-appropriate categories, so even you older "kids" can get a prize for a correct answer.)

I'm so excited about my first contest! Can't sleep at all anymore just thinking about it. :roll:

Aaron Corette

Looking forward to meeting you and your team. If you guys need anything, just ask.

We're setting up on Thursday night, and bringin' in the light stuff Friday. Wifey took the day off, should be nice and relaxing for a change. See you then.

Back