Well I finally got some decent weather here and got the smoker painted. I really didn’t want to take her down to the shop. I am still going to do metallic red handles and maybe another surprise or two but this is her all finished up. Using a HVLP gun works wonders for a paint job. thanks for lookin everyone.

These are for sale as well!!

Getting her ready
DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1-1.jpg

Painted {because this was a budget build it got all black}
DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

Looks great. What kind of paint did you use and any special tricks to getting a nice coat?

I used a high temp paint from Rustolieum (spelling). But not the stuff in a can it is for a HVLP paint gun (high volume low pressure)

on tips you can always do what i do and get your friend that is a painter and pay him in beer. it is about the only trick I know when it comes to painting :becky:

Looks great. What kind of paint did you use and any special tricks to getting a nice coat?

Nice work. Are you using a brake to bend some of the metal and reduce the welding needed?

Nice looking cookery. Looks to be the perfect size for some backyard Que. Nice job...I wish u were a bit closer to me though

That is a thing of beauty! Love that little table on top, aka door stop, very nice. Fine craftsmanship:clap2::clap2:. Can't wait to see some cook pics:-D

Well I just delivered it to a guy from Green Bay. We met in Bismarck ND
Here are a couple pics, my buddy has a couple more on his camera. Nothing to exciting really if anyone of ya has been in eastern montana and western ND ya probably know. One pic you don't see here is of the Missouri river flooding a park and surrounding area. I will try to get that from my friends camera, we also have a couple good ones of the Yellowstone river pretty high as well. Another thing I found ironic during this trip is the National Grasslands...well there is more grass around that place then there is in it....it gets quit a bit more hilly, rocky, and more trees then any where around there which is funny. beautiful oceans of grass tho this time of year.

6am and ready to go 500 miles.
2011-06-17_06-36-28_552.jpg

Worlds biggest metal sculptures
DSC_0002-2.jpg

this one looks better farther away
DSC_0003-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome man, and it seems like you're pricing them very reasonably. Hope you get a bunch more orders.

I thinks so, but it is getting hard with the price of metal these days....It's really gonna put a damper on some pit builders that's for sure again thanks for lookin
That's awesome man, and it seems like you're pricing them very reasonably. Hope you get a bunch more orders.

Back