• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Oakridge BBQ Habanero Death Wings

If the initial run of 150 is gone( which it looks like the Brethern are gonna get it all)will you be making more?

If the initial run of 150 is gone( which it looks like the Brethern are gonna get it all)will you be making more?

Well.... I've been noodling that one over... I never in my wildest dreams imagined that we'd sell out before October 1st. However, we're within 20 packs or so from running out! I guess I underestimated the number of closet chile-heads here on the Brethren... :becky:

We'll clearly have to do something, because I can't release a new rub to the world on October 1, with only 3 bags to sell.... :tape:

So, we'll probably do a second batch and specify Batch #2 on the back label, that way it retains its limited production special edition characteristics. :thumb:

As good as your stuff is and you were surprised to sell out before the release date on this website?:becky:
PuhLEASE!:thumb::thumb:

If there is a second run we might get more and if we miss out, we'll (Redhot and I) will most assuredly be ordering some of your other rubs. Well, we're gonna do that anyway after sampling the Death Rub.

Please keep us informed about a second run. I am leaving town but will definitely be interested when I return. I don't think the two packs I got will even last me through the fall. :tsk:

I took delivery of #18 today. On tap tonight: Homemade Habanero and Bacon Sausage. I'll be using spare rib trimmings, a little pork sirloin and uncured center-cut bacon.

Oh, and the Death Dust, of course.

John

Hey John, I'm sure I speak for just about everyone else, I'm dying to see/read about your Homeade Habanero and Bacon Sausage!!!

Come on, Brother! Let's see it! :becky: :thumb:

^^^ +1 on that for sure :thumb:

Here is another idea I plan to try out soon....Death Dust Chex Party Mix. Should be pretty simple and I have a feeling it will be a hit.

^^^ +1 on that for sure :thumb:

Here is another idea I plan to try out soon....Death Dust Chex Party Mix. Should be pretty simple and I have a feeling it will be a hit.

Oh, Snap! That sounds awesome!

Some other off-the-wall ideas...

French Fries
Onion Rings
Corn on the cob
Potato chips
Scrambled eggs
Biscuits & Gravy
etc, etc, etc...

I usually mix a tsp of rub in the cream cheese for ABT's. I think I will use the Death Dust next time.

I am not sure what a Kaman smoker is but I would imagine you could. I cooked some wings last night on a UDS and they came out great. The two things you need to be able to do is smoke low for an hour or so and then crank the heat up to get the skin done. If your cooker can go from low to hot fairly quickly or if you have another grill to finish the wings then you should be fine.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117096

Sorry for the mis spell. It's an old Kamado from Japan.

You guys are lucky you live in the states. It was thinking about ordering some myself but it seems like it would cost about 3-4 times the price of the rub in shipping. Oh well...

You guys are lucky you live in the states. It was thinking about ordering some myself but it seems like it would cost about 3-4 times the price of the rub in shipping. Oh well...

Should only be about $13 US to ship up to three of them to Quebec. I can get a quote for you if you'd like. Just let me know. :thumb:

Thanks!
Mike

I received package 69 & 70 this week and I'm hoping that while I'm at the Royal everyone will post the ways they've used HDD and I'll have all sorts of ideas to try when I get home :becky: I already plan to try to the wings and the idea of HDD ABTs sounds fantastic as does Chex mix. How about HDD spiced pecans?:becky: Can't wait! Julie

Back