Inkbird Instant Read Thermometer IHT-1P

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was the lucky winner of the recent give away from Kenink of an Inkbird IHT-1P Instant Read Thermometer which I received today.

The packaging is good quality and protects the product.
RG2uAc9l.jpg

GYh3Gbsl.jpg

WdMavb5l.jpg

Compared it to a Themrmapen MK4 and a Thermopop
hSIrF1Wl.jpg

I also tested the MK4 and IHT-1P in boiling water. Wasn't able to get a picture but I was very impressed with the accuracy and speed that the Inkbird unit came to temp. Seemed about as fast as the MK4.

First impressions are very good. The display is easy to read and it seems to be accurate and fast. Definitely something I would buy.

https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Wate..._1_12?keywords=inkbird&qid=1572301887&sr=8-12

Thank you KenInk for the Thermometer.

Matt

Yeah I bought one as it seemed decent. Beats the heck out of my thermapen. Plus the price is cheap. The quality is top notch imo.

How does it beat the Thermapen?

Price is cheap. Rechargeable battery. Back lit.
Just as fast imo. Dead on accurate. You can calibrate it easier than the thermapen.
Seriously better because of the price. Imo its a no brainer considering the price. The quality rivals that of Thermapen.
If I lose it I won't cry over it.

Try one out. You will be impressed.

I wouldn't necessarily say it beats the Thermapen but it's definitely a really good option at $25. I haven't had it long enough to really say which is better. If I were going to buy one today it would be the Inkbird. I don't think you are going to beat the performance you get for that price. It's at worst, really close in performance to the Thermapen.

How does it beat the Thermapen?

I've been thinking about replacing my antique "Eventual Read Thermometer" with a new one.
I'm happy with my IBT-4XS, so I just pulled the trigger on this one.
Thanks for the review.

Price is cheap. Rechargeable battery. Back lit.
Just as fast imo. Dead on accurate. You can calibrate it easier than the thermapen.
Seriously better because of the price. Imo its a no brainer considering the price. The quality rivals that of Thermapen.
If I lose it I won't cry over it.

Try one out. You will be impressed.

Is it NSF?

I got one, the main down side for me is USB charging.
I'd rather have replaceable batteries.

Was thinking about the Inkbird, but I couldn't get past the charging thing. Went a different route.

I picked one up based on the review. I like the charging option. Thimking about the sous vide ....

snapped one up as well. Been looking for a new instant and the price is right

Back