country fried bacon!!

That looks like an interesting place to eat. Anyone done that?

Needs more salt? Whatever! The only thing that can make bacon better is more BACON. I'm thinking Chicken fried bacon weave....

You just know by next weekend there will be Pron on here from Farkers making their own versions of this:wink:

With gravy! Hmmm, wonder if I can talk the wife into vacationing in Texas this year?

I just made some. I had thought of trying this since readinig about it but never actually did it. Today I did it.

The two at the bottom of the pic were floured, then in egg bath, then floured again and fried. The two at the top were run through flour seasoned with some rub. I also deep fried a piece of bacon with no batter.

The one with no batter at all tasted the best I thought. Neither I nor the kids really cared for the battered bacon too much. I'm not sure what it was, but I definitely prefer regular bacon. The bacon would not get crispy in the batter. That may have been part of the problem as we all love crispy bacon here.

This is a very greasy dish (naturally).
Country_Fried_Bacon.jpg

The dogs enjoyed the rest of the battered ones very much though.:wink:

Maybe fry it first before battering and frying again would crisp it up. Either way it looks good to me.:eusa_clap

I don't really know about breading it I mean why mess with something that is already great? But I do know that I am willing to try bacon on mashed taters with country gravy poured all over it.

That is so odd... I just made some today.

Chickenfried Steakhouse canadian bacon sitting on a toasted english muffin, topped with an egg and smothered in creamy gravy.

It was pretty tasty. :biggrin:

101_8840-1.jpg

101_8848-1.jpg

Here's a quick recipe for beer battered bacon, sure to either get your heart pumping out of excitement or stop it all together.

Uncooked bacon slices cut in half, the thicker the better (for this batch I used some home cured, cold smoked pork bellies)

Beer batter
1 12 oz quality beer
2 cups flour
1tsp baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp salt (or bacon salt for extra bacony goodness)

Blend flour, baking powder, egg and salt, then start adding the beer until mixture is slightly thicker than pancake batter. Rest in fridge for 30 minutes.

Heat oil (peanut, canola, or whatever you use for frying) to 350 degrees.

Dip bacon in batter and coat evenly. Place gently into oil in small batches and fry until crisp and lightly browned.

Remove and rest on paper towels or a rack. Serve while warm, either solo or with a dipping sauce such as ranch (or bacon mayo???)

Would be better with some fried green tomatoes, lettuce and mayo on whit bread!

That dude sounds like he's been smokin' cigarettes longer than he's been deep frying bacon... and he looks like he's been deep frying bacon a long time.

Chicken Fried Bacon with cream gravy sounds like something Paula Dean would fix up. I love her.
I would serve it up with a side of Fatty stuffed with bacon and wraped in a bacon weave.

Dang good.

There should be a category for this at BBQ comps.

Saulnier

Back