the best way to clean inside your smoker?

• Thread starter rub it smoke it bbq
  • Start date
R

rub it smoke it bbq

clean everything sides,doors,walls is there a secret i just use a hoes and spray it out but all the sut is in there and want it gone if i scrape would i ned to reseason. thx for the help

I hot mine with a rosebud to dry it out and use a wire brush occasionally. A little seasoning never hurt anyone though.

clean a smoker??? not sure what tha means...

What I mean to say is that I usually just let the stuff build up a little on the lid and scrape it off when it starts to flake.

For grease and drippings I usually just use a putty knife to scrap it all out when it's cold... cant remember ever taking a hose to a smoker, but I'm a lil' wierd too... :crazy:

For the weber kettle I use my weed burner to burn off some of the stuff that doesn't hit the drip pan, if I do it every time it doesn't build up to the "flaming kettle of death" level...

Also, it might help to know what kind of smoker you're cleaning out... :wink:

black dog bbq- ive done mine like that before didnt seem to work to well i dont think mine was 300 deg. neither ive got 2 pits 120gal 0n a trailer and a 300 gal ona trailer nothing as big as his he made it look so simple also. thx for the video much enjoyed

I use a product called greased lighting and a power washer then heat it up dry it out and reseason.

I use a wide putty knife to get rhe grease buildup about once a yr. Power wash the food grates now annd then and reseason

Aside from removing occasional accumulated grease and carbon build up, there's really nothing else you need to do...

I've taken grates to car wash and sprayed them. Greased lightning in yellow botttle cleans about anything.

Pressure washer every couple of months.We cook alot and have plates.
2" drain valve .Get it hot and drain.

Back