View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #15
Scottie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty3777 View Post
Thanks for all your help, guys. I got the impression that the FEC was used for holding because Cookshack sells a thermometer that monitors the temp of the meat and when the meat hits the correct temp the unit goes into a holding phase. Maybe that's not designed to hold for long periods. I really appreciate the help!

Honestly Nate, I won't quote anyone from Cookshack on this. but those probes were made for the vendor/restaurant type application. You could stick a probe in them and once they hit temp, they fall back to that hold temp. My feelings are... If they were meant for comp applications. They would supply them for all purchases. They don't do that, so no need to use it...

Bob, I am not sure why it happens with the 160. I can't argue that, but I know they are different kind of heat. I understand that 160 is 160. but they are different. Like I said, if it works, awesome. But I sure wouldn't be trying it and I have been cooking on a FE for almost 10 years now... Have I tried it? Yes, with no success at all.

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote