• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's a Big Farking Sandwich!

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My son turned 3 on the 20th and we had his party at the house on Sunday. I've only done pulled chuckie's once before and I thought this would be a good opportunity to go for number two.

I started out with 2-4lb chuck roasts. One I hit with SM Peppered Cow and the other got a dose of Oakridge Black Ops.

DSC_0275-001.jpg

I wasn't sure about my timeline with these things since I've only done this one time before and my note taking is a little lacking to say the least.

So I filled the egg with lump and hickory and fired it up to around 235* and threw them on at 2 am. I figured I'd go low and slow in hopes of getting a good nights sleep.

Turns out I was wrong about the sleeping part. I set the alarm on my maverick to 165*, which happened right around 5 am. :doh: At that point they looked like this.

DSC_0288-001.jpg

Luckily I had thought ahead and pre-chopped the onions and peppers and also made up the Au-jus ahead of time. I used this stuff in lieu of stoudt, with the kids and all. THIS was a good move for sure.

DSC_0285-001.jpg

DSC_0286-001.jpg

I covered the pans with foil, reset the Maverick to 195* and went back to bed, and by back to bed, I mean back to the couch of course. :tsk:

DSC_0289-001.jpg

Then at 6:30am....beep, beep, beep, beep....and I'm like for the love of god, I thought this was slow and low!!! I'm trying to get some sleep over here!

I stumbled out and uncovered the pans, tried to shred the beef and no sir...tough as all get out. Covered them again, set the alarm to 205* back to bed...I mean couch.

Next thing you know I've got kids jumping all over me, I look over and the Maverick says 216* or something like that...Fark! I must have used the snooze button :doh: so I go out to check the beef and...Yes! It's pulling like butter. I shred up the beef with a couple forks and left it on the smoker uncovered to reduce for a few hours.

DSC_0298-001.jpg

While that was happening I made up some ABT's and sweet ABT's for an appetizer.

DSC_0300-001.jpg

I forgot to get finished pics of those. :oops:

Stock Photo:

IMG_2874.jpg

I picked up some nice kaisers from a local bakery and everyone at the party got busy on the beef sammies.

DSC_0304-001.jpg

So anyway, about that Big Farking Sandwich....

I needed a good base for the sandwich so despite a few odd glances from the partygoers, I threw on a turkey burger from the freezer that I had mixed up with some foil hat a couple weeks ago.

DSC_0307-001.jpg

Slice of provolone.

DSC_0339-001.jpg

Oh yeah, I also cooked some chicken thighs that I de-boned and hit with some some Big Butz Chicken Dust.

DSC_0342-001.jpg

Pile on the beef.

DSC_0344-001.jpg

a couple ABT's and a nice long hot pepper and now you have a Big Farking Sandwich.

DSC_0354-001.jpg

We also had some cake, superhero style of course.

DSC_0318-001.jpg

Now that I've showed you mine, it's your turn to show me yours! Head on over to the Big Farking Sandwich Throwdown and get your entry in, you have until next Sunday!

Thanks for looking!

:peace:

That sammy rivals the Trump tower!!! We've a contenda here, folks, and I must say that looks fingerlickin' goooooood! Phew!

My son turned 3 on the 20th and we had his party at the house on Sunday. I've only done pulled chuckie's once before and I thought this would be a good opportunity to go for number two.

I started out with 2-4lb chuck roasts. One I hit with SM Peppered Cow and the other got a dose of Oakridge Black Ops.

DSC_0275-001.jpg

I wasn't sure about my timeline with these things since I've only done this one time before and my note taking is a little lacking to say the least.

So I filled the egg with lump and hickory and fired it up to around 235* and threw them on at 2 am. I figured I'd go low and slow in hopes of getting a good nights sleep.

Turns out I was wrong about the sleeping part. I set the alarm on my maverick to 165*, which happened right around 5 am. :doh: At that point they looked like this.

DSC_0288-001.jpg

Luckily I had thought ahead and pre-chopped the onions and peppers and also made up the Au-jus ahead of time. I used this stuff in lieu of stoudt, with the kids and all. THIS was a good move for sure.

DSC_0285-001.jpg

DSC_0286-001.jpg

I covered the pans with foil, reset the Maverick to 195* and went back to bed, and by back to bed, I mean back to the couch of course. :tsk:

DSC_0289-001.jpg

Then at 6:30am....beep, beep, beep, beep....and I'm like for the love of god, I thought this was slow and low!!! I'm trying to get some sleep over here!

I stumbled out and uncovered the pans, tried to shred the beef and no sir...tough as all get out. Covered them again, set the alarm to 205* back to bed...I mean couch.

Next thing you know I've got kids jumping all over me, I look over and the Maverick says 216* or something like that...Fark! I must have used the snooze button :doh: so I go out to check the beef and...Yes! It's pulling like butter. I shred up the beef with a couple forks and left it on the smoker uncovered to reduce for a few hours.

DSC_0298-001.jpg

While that was happening I made up some ABT's and sweet ABT's for an appetizer.

DSC_0300-001.jpg

I forgot to get finished pics of those. :oops:

Stock Photo:

IMG_2874.jpg

I picked up some nice kaisers from a local bakery and everyone at the party got busy on the beef sammies.

DSC_0304-001.jpg

So anyway, about that Big Farking Sandwich....

I needed a good base for the sandwich so despite a few odd glances from the partygoers, I threw on a turkey burger from the freezer that I had mixed up with some foil hat a couple weeks ago.

DSC_0307-001.jpg

Slice of provolone.

DSC_0339-001.jpg

Oh yeah, I also cooked some chicken thighs that I de-boned and hit with some some Big Butz Chicken Dust.

DSC_0342-001.jpg

Pile on the beef.

DSC_0344-001.jpg

a couple ABT's and a nice long hot pepper and now you have a Big Farking Sandwich.

DSC_0354-001.jpg

We also had some cake, superhero style of course.

DSC_0318-001.jpg

Now that I've showed you mine, it's your turn to show me yours! Head on over to the Big Farking Sandwich Throwdown and get your entry in, you have until next Sunday!

Thanks for looking!

:peace:

That would be heartburn on a bun for me, but I would eat the FARK out of it.

dude, 2 farkin perfect thighs on the mofo is genious.

Thanks man I was channeling my inner boogiesnap or whatever that guys name is.

I would hit that, but I'd have to climb it first! :becky:

How is the Johnny's Au Jus? I've never tried it.

You could always use your pickle as a pole vault. :grin:

The Johnny's was good Ron. I used it once before as a side for some prime rib. I like it a lot. It's a concentrate, 1pt Johnny's to 2pts water. I think I got a little over 3 cups out of that bottle. I had to add one can of beef broth to the pans as well to get the amount right.

The end result was outfarkingstanding. I will never make pulled beef any other way. People were freaking.

On a side note Big Butz Chicken Dust is also outfarkingstanding. People were freaking on that also. It was a good day for my ego all around. :thumb:

Dang you're good Jason. Awesome sammich!! :clap2:

Belated Happy Birthday to Fingerlickin' Jr! :mrgreen:

Back