• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Troy Pig Out Troy, NY - July 19 & 20, 2008

pigmaker23

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
TROY NEW YORK
JULY 19/ 20 2008

Team List as of July 8, 2008

Anchormen BBQ Team
All Fired Up Backyard BBQ
Lakeside Smokers
Swamp Pit BBQ
Doc Roberts BBQ
The Barn Crew
Boar-n-Q
Texas Beef Rubbers
Yanni Too
Four Hogs BBQ
Purple Turtle Catering Co
I-Que
Sexy Ginos BBQ
Smoking Walleys BBQ
Chicos BBQ

whoo hoo this should be fun :biggrin:

Swamp Pit BBQ will be arriving Saturday morning!!

whoo hoo this should be fun :biggrin:

Swamp Pit BBQ will be arriving Saturday morning!!
Oh yeah fun alright. The forecast has 90 for sat and I have seen you guys unload on a hot day. Just a warning to all other teams, stay clear of the swamp pit bunch during load in sat trust me :eek::tongue:

I will be rolling in around 6 or so Friday i have a catering gig the same day.

I spoke with Laura from the chamber yesterday afternoon and she said they had reached 15 and we're still expecting one or two more :D

She also mentioned that they we're giving us ribeyes to cook up and serve for a people choice a $1.00 each I believe the proceeds go to Leukemia or another organization like that.

As of today there are 13 paid teams, there are two on the fence that I know of

ote=WannaBeBBQueen;682934]I spoke with Laura from the chamber yesterday afternoon and she said they had reached 15 and we're still expecting one or two more :D

She also mentioned that they we're giving us ribeyes to cook up and serve for a people choice a $1.00 each I believe the proceeds go to Leukemia or another organization like that.[/quote]

$7500 in prize money, a state championship, and only 13 teams. I thought this comp would be full. Is there something else going on that weekend?

Anyone here on the fence?

$7500 in prize money, a state championship, and only 13 teams. I thought this comp would be full. Is there something else going on that weekend?

Besides having my company picnic(which i was told that I have to attend:rolleyes:) It is the weekend before Harpoon which starts a day earlier on Fri

Wildwood this weekend and Harpoon the weekend following......I need a week off.

Just can't. Harpoon the week after, and some silly wedding the week after that...

Are you cooking a contest the weekend of the wedding ? I mean you did rehearse for that situtation.

The contest will be to see if I can make it to Logan by 5:30am the day after the weddding to make my flight to St. Lucia...

its ok, we will get 15 teams, and it will be fun, this is a great contest for any newer teams to have fun and maybe get a call, payouts in each catagory to 6th place !

Wildwood this weekend and Harpoon the weekend following......I need a week off.

Any other contests I couldn't get into that you'd like to brag about?

Wish I could go to Troy but will be in Tennesee.

have fun all y'all...
the Cold Cuts are cooking in Brookline NH that weekend, individually in the Kid's Q.
eeeek!
michelle

Update July 11

TROY NEW YORK
JULY 19/ 20 2008

Anchormen BBQ Team
Lakeside Smokers
Swamp Pit BBQ
Doc Roberts BBQ
The Barn Crew
Boar-n-Q
Texas Beef Rubbers
Yanni Too
Four Hogs BBQ
Purple Turtle Catering Co
I-Que
Sexy Ginos BBQ
Smoking Walleys BBQ
Chicos BBQ
Transformer BBQ
Harrys Trojian Rubbers

Update 2 July 11

There are now 17 teams, with 16 confirmed, After the updated NEBS TOY results, Transformer has decided to sign up. We also have a team headed up by the mayor of Troy !

Cooks Meeting will be Saturday at 8:00 PM

Fireworks at 9:30 PM

Music both days

TROY NEW YORK
JULY 19/ 20 2008

Anchormen BBQ Team
Lakeside Smokers
Swamp Pit BBQ
Doc Roberts BBQ
The Barn Crew