• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Discussion Thread -> "Kettle Cook Off!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Kettle Cook Off
!"

DSC_2146_zps4872ee67.jpg

This is a chitter kettle. It is not a Weber. I purchased it at Wal Mart. It holds Charcoal. It cooks. Therefore, it is a charcoal kettle. :thumb: If you'd like to see how this meat turned out from the Chitter Kettle, you can check it out HERE.

As chosen by sliding billy for his two way tie with TailGateJoeCom on the "Easter Feast & Leftovers" Throwdown!

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

sliding_billy said:
TailGateJoecom said for me to pick something for the next throwdown. I would like the theme to be "Cooked on a Charcoal Kettle!" Uncooked ingredients can be in the entry shot. Also, must include at least one pic of the main ingredient(s) on the kettle so we can see the charcoal burning method and type of cooker, etc.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/9 through Sunday 5/18.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 5/19

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Woo-Hoo! I've got my vacu-sucked bags of charcoal at the ready to put in the Crock Pot. I hope I remember to take a pic of the dish while it's cooking in the Crock Pot. I would hate to get DQ'ed.:doh:

Sweet...was thinking about grilling on the Kettle this weekend or next anyways!

:cop: Careful, now, peeps. This is the Non-Quality delinquent discussion thread.

:mrgreen:
I never said my cooking was quality! :wink:

But, would my mini WSM qualify? It is a kettle at is's core...

Or maybe I could use that tea kettle Tasha talked me into buying that she never uses...drop some coals in there, fit a grate over the water opening, and grill a small cut :becky:

90 percent of my cooks, even longish ones, are done on my kettle. It's just too versatile. Gotta be defective, it's so good.

Precisely why I chose this as the throwdown. I liked the idea of it being freestyle as far as what was prepared and figured a kettle would result in a wide variety of cooks because of its versatility.

Versatility indeed!

So technically, I could fill a cast iron kettle full of hot coals, put a grill on top, and I would have a charcoal kettle.

I like this! :cool:

I heard that a Crock Pot is a type of kettle. That's why I vacu-sucked my charcoal. I didn't want it getting wet in the crock pot.

I heard that a Crock Pot is a type of kettle. That's why I vacu-sucked my charcoal. I didn't want it getting wet in the crock pot.

Something tells me you're actually going to do this...:doh:

:loco:

Bout time this thread got off topic...

Wow.

It got kinda quiet in here.

Kinda gives me the impression you all don't want to see page 3.:tsk:

What's wrong with page 2? Sometimes folks need to rest up for page 3.

Back