Fruit Flavors on Ribs

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

We've been working on an apple flavor profile for our ribs and I like the way they've been turning out, but lately I've been thinking about cherry.

If you try to layer some fruit flavors in your ribs, what fruit do you use?

Thanks!

Eric

I have a Cherry recipe for ribs. Used it at a comp a couple of weeks ago and got a tie for 5th. My wife loves them, too sweet for me though.

It's my opinion, that fruiting BBQ is like fruiting a beer, ya don't do it.

i agree with this almost one thousand percent...

look at patio daddio's chicken drumstick sauce recipe. switch out grape jelly for a cherry jelly, jam, preserve, and dayum, you've got a good sauce for ribs.

for beer, belgiums lindemans lambic is pretty darn good. kreik being my fave.

Rasberry Chipolte makes for some fine eating.Try on poultry and many other things as well as ribs. Next finish glazes in the works are- Black and Red Rasberry with different peppers, New Mexico probably, Elderberry, Blackberry with Chipolte. Have on hand Cherry,Chocolate Flake- Chipolte and Plum- Habenaro and Apricot -Jalapeno. All are delicous and homemade. Blues Hog Rasberry Chipolte rocks for a store bought product. Plums and Pork have been traced all the way back to the Romans I've been told. Always looking for quality preserves. Steve.

i did some ribs yesterday with cherry and pecan wood......i think im going to stick with oak, just cant beat it

i do use cherry if i smoke burgers and really like it on that

Cherry Jello.

Add a little to your rub, gives a nice red color and depending on the quantity a hint of fruitiness. Try it out some time, I promise.

I use an apple jelly / corn syrup glaze with rub in it.
smoke 'em with persimmon wood chunks.

Try Durian in your rib glaze. The judges all agree there is nothing like it!

Ya, I bet. In some countries it's illegal to even have Durian indoors due to it's odor. :becky:

Fruit flavor on ribs is a big gamble. I wouldn't do it.

Once in a while I get a rib with a pineapple glaze flavor. It seems to score well at the judging table.

Back