Pulled pork and Italian sausage

robbq

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Last weekend I smoked a 6 1/2 pound Boston butt and pulled it. 10 hours in the WSM with hickory, then added NC-style vinegar sauce. I forgot to take pics until I had already started the shredding. It was really good.

After the pork came off, and I still had a nice hot smoker, I tried throwing on some sweet Italian sausage links and added some apple wood. I had never done those before. They were amazing! I'll do that again.

Any experience smoking other types of sausages?

Attachments

• PulledPork20130901.jpg
    PulledPork20130901.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 120
Every sausage can benefit from heat and smoke. Try making a fatty next time you fire up the smoker.

Matt

Just regular ole breakfast sausage is pretty good smoked, sliced, and served on a biscuit with gravy.

Your pork looks great!

I did the same Sunday. While smoking up some Butt I thought I would throw on some Italian sausages while I had the time to do it. I and my family enjoyed the sausages along with the pulled pork. Don't forget the coleslaw with the meal.

Polska kielbasa was pretty good off the smoker. Brats too!

Sausage is pretty hard to screw up. Boudin is the only thing I'd tell people to cook low and slow so they don't rip in half. Tasty but really messy.

Back