View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
jmoney7269
Banned

First off, you need to get your temp dead nut set on 250 manually, then close off all Intake vents except the auber vent. Scroll through the menu till you see "At"
Move it to 2 or 1 and give it 10 seconds. It will start doing a Auto tune. Make sure before you start the auto tune your outl is 0 and your outH is 100. After a few cycles, the controller will have the parameters needed to control the pit. Let the controller do all the work from the get go, my guru does. I have a auber I retrofitted Into my traeger years ago. Once the controller is set, I Reccomend you set the outh-50 just to minimize overshoots on such a low cook temp.
If you don't feel like messing with none of the auto tune #'s try these and lemme know how thy work for ya. I-647 P-20 D-140 outL-0 outH-50 t-10. Let the auber control the pit from the very start so it learns the pit. As like with all PID controllers you will occasionally get a pretty decent temp spike from" integral windup" but just let the controller do its thing. Good luck, feel free to pm me if you need more guidance.
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->