Sweet Baby Ray's Aussie Pron

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
G'Day Bruces'

I went to the USA Foods store the other day and discovered a new import!

They had the whole range of Sweet Baby Rays sauces in stock! I've heard a lot about this commercial sauce in the forum, most of it positive, so I snapped up the Original at a lazy $8.00 AUD.

I had a taste right out of the bottle. Smokey Flavour, some spiced fruit like tamarind, vinegar. Very nicely balanced.

So I bought some chicken thighs, chopped them in the middle and dusted them with Celery Salt... nothing else as I wanted the flavour to be mainly the sauce. I got the COS up to 225-250 and slow cooked them for about 2 hours, basted them as per instructions and served... Pron

DSC_0105_02_197.jpg

DSC_0109_02_201.jpg

DSC_0110_02_202.jpg

What I'd like to know is whether I did a good job with the sauce..... Having never used it, I don't know if there's any special techniques....

For what it's worth, there were no complaints from the family... they loved it!

Thanks for Looking

Cheers!

Bill 2.0

If you got NO complaints for those you're cooking for you're definitely doing it RIGHT

Looks good to me.

I use SBR all the time and it looks like you did it justice. It is my wife's favorite on ribs.

Looks pretty good from this side of the big water. Although I can't imagine paying that much for SBR's, even in Aussie dollars...

Look great!

Just curious, you said you chopped the thighs in 1/2... wondering why... so they cook faster? Doesn't seem likely, otherwise you woulda grilled 'em... Is it just the way you do it? Just wondering if there's a "way" that I've missed! :becky:

Look great!

Just curious, you said you chopped the thighs in 1/2... wondering why... so they cook faster? Doesn't seem likely, otherwise you woulda grilled 'em... Is it just the way you do it? Just wondering if there's a "way" that I've missed! :becky:

Surface area... no other reason. More surface area... more sauce to apply!:thumb:

You did a great job on those thighs, SBR isn't to bad at all,, I wouldn't give ya any complaintes either if ya handed me a plate of them vittles. When it comes to commericel sauces, I'm kinda partial to "Cattlemans Gold " On ribs and chiken... If ya ever see it, Grab one and try it....

Bill love da new camera. Pics are super.....Your a contender baby!

If you got NO complaints for those you're cooking for you're definitely doing it RIGHT

Looks good to me.

Truth. If the family liked it that's all that matters. Some like it thick, some like it thin, some like it runny, some like it caramelized. I like it just about every way.

I had my 1st taste of Sweet Baby Ray's 2 weeks ago,man...that is some good stuff!
Thanks for making me hungry in the early morning B.!

Great looking Chicken. Looks like abut the amount of sauce I would use.

Smoked chicken has a flavor the is still very distinguishable with a good amount sauce so you would have to literally drown it to distort the chicken flavor. You my friend, have created a small masterpiece with your chicken and I am so hawngry I should be ashamed... But I'm not! :). Great job!

SBR is GREAT and your thighs look like they were, too.

I mix Jack Daniels with my SBR's.

Thanks, Bill - Sweet Baby Rays is a favorite with my family and your photos of your food definitely made me want some! Great job and great that you can get Sweet Baby Rays where you live! Looks delicious!

Back