FEC-300 vs. Ole Hickory

Good Lawd! Are y'all still going on about this? I didn't get the spot and I have moved on. Let it go.

It's Let go Neil... Just had to make sure folks knew I wasnt bashing those pits... and that people didnt think Mike cooked on an OH Pit for the Jack. I am not even going to get into a taste debate LOL Been avoiding that one for the whole thread.

I will say that my fec 750 works great and puts out a great product. I will say though that the rotisserrie on it sucks. It gets caught up a lot and is not very well balanced if thats te right word. There is no comparison to the fec 100 and the 750, the 750 has 3 burn pots and puts out the perfect amount of smoke. I have cooked on and have ahd food off of both the ole hickory and fec. The ole hickory also puts out a good product if you add enough wood, but thats the thing you have to stay on top of it and find the right amount. I would say FEC only if it is stationary.

I have not cooked on a FEC, however we use a SP 500 and a SP 700 on a trailer, racks never jam unless you do something stupid..you dont have to wory about chips or pellets, go pick up some nice cooking fire wood and start cooking..as with all electric be sure of your power that you plug into...and I load up the rotiserie before I leave on the raod and travel with it loaded or even the night before for a load of butts.. Southern Pride all the way for me...the electric draw is very low as this is a propane over wood

Back