• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS ToY

ique

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Are the detailed results beyond top 25 available somewhere?

email Dawn at KCBS. That's what's on the contacts page of the KCBS website. Maybe if 1000 teams email her they'll decide to put it on the website.

dendrijaitis@kcbs.us

Dawn will give any team that contacts her their position in the Overall and in all Categories but I was told there is no plan to publish the entire list of approximately 5700 teams.

Dawn will give any team that contacts her their position in the Overall and in all Categories but I was told there is no plan to publish the entire list of approximately 5700 teams.

I emailed and received a response within 10 minutes

thanks

Great service from Dawn. Less than 10 minutes and a complete listing of all my contests and what counted in my totals.

Hpw can we have 5700 teams? Do all these head cooks have an active KCBS membership? If so then not many cooks voted in this election and that's real disappointing.

I wish they would publish the list. I'd like to see how some of our friends did.

here is our results in case anyone is curious.

We improved in all categories except brisket over 2009.

Overall~82
Chicken~116
Pork~38
Ribs~104
Brisket~101

We were 57th overall cooking 10 contests with 2 grands, 3 reserves and a 3rd overall.

We were 57th overall cooking 10 contests with 2 grands, 3 reserves and a 3rd overall.

That's an awesome record, Chris. Grand or Reserve in half of your KCBS contests cooked is very impressive!

Congrats!

Great service from Dawn. Less than 10 minutes and a complete listing of all my contests and what counted in my totals.

Hpw can we have 5700 teams? Do all these head cooks have an active KCBS membership? If so then not many cooks voted in this election and that's real disappointing.

I am truly amazed again at the power of the BBQ Brethren!!! Y'all go easy on Dawn, she's gotten about 1000 e-mails as of right now!

There are 5700 teams because a team doesn't have to be a KCBS member to compete at a contest and I'd guess that most aren't members. Hopefully very soon, we'll have a scoring system that can track by member number(s) and actually have a verified KCBS Team of the Year list by verified KCBS member number(s)!

--------

Please note that the above is not reflective of anyone else associated with KCBS!

its there a particular reason KCBS has decided to keep everyone in the dark as to who finished where??? seems like it would be a pretty easy thing to post on their website

The full team of the year standings have been posted on the website since 2004,,,,,I don't know why they would want to quit doing that now??

From what I understand KCBS needs to edit out non-member teams.
If that's the case then the info Dawn is emailing to our requests may change. Sounds like she's wasting her time and should wait until we have a good database.

I assume the KCBS had at least verified the top 10 who received awards at the banquet.

Not "picking" on you Candy, I just want to get this straight:

1) You don't HAVE to be a member to COOK a KCBS contest.
2) The list has to be edited in order for it to be a 'good' database.

Why not just put the list up on the website and let it be? The staff already took the time to put everyone on this list! You stated 1000 people have asked for their standings, I'm sure she has better things to do than email each individual persons standings when a couple of clicks and its on the member only section of the website.

I find this to be quite ridiculous and a SEVERE waste of money and time.

They earned the points being a non-member, maybe if they saw how well they were doing it might be incentive for them to sign up?

Since these non-members are able to earn points and WERE on the list, were any of these non-members asked to be in that Sams Club invitational last year? Was that even looked at? It was also stated that a top 20 team refused to sign up, were they asked so they could be acknowledged at the banquet?

Candy, is there a reason the list as it exists couldn't be placed in the members section of the KCBS site? Most of the KCBS cooks I know don't give a flip if another team was a member at the end of the day. They just want to see how they did, as well as see how their friends did over the past season.

I asked about this last year and was told a couple things.

1) There weren't resources to go through and validated that team names were only in once because of spelling. Like Buster Dog BBQ vs Busterdogbbq.

2) They need to scrub the list of non members.

Seems if 1000 people contact Dawn her time is better spent having the full list publicized so she can go about her daily activities. But I see the point. If you are shown on the list at 150 and when they scrub it you are down to 110 that makes a big difference.

And the Pickled Pig site is close but does not reflect what KCBS shows.

I've been told its a matter of the staff being very buzy with the banquet etc...and that the full results will be posted as soon as time permits. I have to give credit, I got a pretty quick response

Back