Charcoal Sale Addicts Anonymous...

Hey I'm in denial just let me know all the places that have a sale?:razz:

Remember this? :mrgreen:

KingsfordCoupon.jpg

I'm sure there's some great stories to be told...

Did 80 bags then the wife told me to cool it. Stupid me did, Have 400 lbs. in the shed and will be out tomorrow.

Well I am lucky enough to be able to spread out my addiction beyond KB. I also have an Egg and a Pellet grill. I had to build a new shed to handle the unexpected pallet of burning materials that might just show up.... I was hoping my neighbors would provide intervention........ but that is R2Egg2Q! He is worse than me, help!

I too am afflicted with the addiction. Buying all sorts of charcoal and manor of fuel to support my other addictions.

Today I was weak, and found myself loading 7 dbl bags of ol blue into the trunk. I'm not even sure how I ended up at Wally World. I'm blaming the solar eclipse for it. But you all know it's an illness.

I'm not addicted. I managed to control myself and stop at 450 pounds of charcoal. I don't see any problems.

It seems that my KF addiction is passing to family members. My wife is taking the truck to Wally world tomorrow. She loves my Fatty :p

Dang, I thought Biggy was just saying he gained a lot of weight! When I want to lose weight, I just cut down on the charcoal and lump purchasing. How easy is that??

...and if I go back again this week, I'll be able to keep it under control again. I just don't let myself get TOO carried away is all. I know when to quit.

I don't have a problem (6 double packs of Kingford comp, 4 double KB and 3 seperate bags of KB) wait thats not enough :rolleyes:

FYI - WalMart has twin 15# bags for $5.88 (18 cents/lb.).
This beats Lowe's twin 20's for $7.97.

For some of you enterprising folks in the south. Academy sports and outdoors has advertised in the Sunday circular 2 for $4.99 16.6 lb Triton Outdoor Gourmet charcoal. Also says right beside that in the ad, "buy one get one free". Now I'm sure that doesn't really mean that but you never know. Don't know who makes Triton. But some of you more enterprising fellows who really enjoy the thrill of the hunt might try you local WM/HD/Lowes and see if they might do a price match and even try to slip in the buy one get won free 2 for 4.99 price match. If successful, I'm sure you will report back.

Robert

I think you just arent using it up fast enough...that way you can say " I was almost out...I HAD to buy more"

I don't have a problem. I have about 160lbs left from last year. I figure to back that up a bit next weekend. I'LL TELL YOU WHEN I HAVE ENOUGH! :loco:

My name is allen and i am truly a charcoal sale addict. I went to walmart today and bought 90 pounds of kingsford blue , and i don't even use kingsford blue!!! I think it is the thrill !!!!

P.s. Anyone want 90 pounds of kingsford charcoal blue ???

You are what's known as an enabler. BTW I need enabling. :mrgreen:

I used a 10 off 25 coupon from ace hardware and picked up 5 17lb bags for 15 yesterday. I'll get some more from whoever has the best sale this week

I still have some from Labor Day. I don't remember how much I got at that time but now it makes me wonder. Did I buy too much or did I just not cook enough? Maybe the farkin' UDS is too farkin' efficient and I need to get another fuel hog so I can justify another pallet of KB.

Well, I guess that cements my place in the group. I just justified getting another cooker just so I could use more charcoal and thus purchase more when it is on sale :tsk:

Nope. Sorry. I've never bought more than 2 bags at a time. But...only because I don't have the room for storage.

Back