alton brown

motley que

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
at a event/booksigning for feasting on asphalt. about 500 people here. will see if he talks Q. cant wait to meet him. we have the same birthdat...woo hoo

The man lives just down the road, but after 4 years of searching,we haven't been able to find his house... Probably a good thing! Have fun at the event!!

Love that show....Feasting on Ashphalt.
Tell him Bull said hello.

AB is the best.

quote=nmayeux;623397]The man lives just down the road, but after 4 years of searching,we haven't been able to find his house... Probably a good thing! Have fun at the event!![/quote]

He lives in one of the big historic mansions downtown just off the sqaure. There was an article about him in atlanta magazine last year that talked about him and it.

Well? Did you meet him?

I like ole AB. Kindve zaney but he's ok.

What a trooper AB is. Came on to speak at 4:15 started signing at about 5. the line was huge and was done by groups based on when you got there and bought the book. I was group 9. at 5:30 I had to leave to go to dinner, afterwards i thought what the hell and went back. it was 8 and he was still signing. so I got my book signed. the end of the line was 15 people behind me. There were close to 800 people at the event.

He told a story about smoking a ham in a cardboard box then "blowing it up" called it burningham ....I asked about it and he wouldnt say a word. Kinda funky suit he was wearing.

Attachments

• IMGP1961.jpg
    IMGP1961.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 246
  • IMGP1962.jpg
    IMGP1962.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMGP1964.jpg
    IMGP1964.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 243
He used to work as a videographer and cameraman in and around Atlanta. He was a TD for Georgia Public TV for a while, in charge of some of their mobile trucks. I did a great deal of work with those guys. i don't remember him at all, but there's no doubt I worked with him at some point.

TOO COOL BRETT!!:eek::eusa_clap:eusa_clap

AB is da man!! (almost god like status in my house!:lol:)

After you get past all the quirky stuff (but you have to listen to it because it's valuble info too) that guy can teach some SERIOUS cooking!

The only other person I think that can keep up with him is Christopher Kimball from CI.

They teach the WHY in cooking.

My Grandma taught me the if you know what each ingredient in a recipe does and WHY you need them.
You can MAKE and DEVELOPE reciepes, not just FOLLOW them!

That is exactly what AB teaches.

Way to go on the book signing!:eusa_clap

Seersucker suits are for the true southern gentleman. :cool:

Cool pics, and glad you got your book signed.

I like AB, Char can take him or leave him (mostly leave him). But yes the "Matlock" suit look is very southernly gentlemanly like.

Great pictures Brett. I'm an AB fan also. I wish I would have known about the book signing. I would have tried to make it also.

Cheers,

Nate

Back