• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Today's Simply Marvelous Butt

campdude

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Seems like forever since I've lit the smoker or been here on the forum. The end of summer was very busy with way too many things going on - oh well. It's starting to slow down finally. Mrs. Campdude had some minor foot surgery yesterday, so I figured I'd Toss some meat on the Bandera while taking care of her. I pulled a 5# pork butt out of the freezer and mixed some Simply Marvelous rubs with some ground smoked chilis. Rubbed the butt all over and put it in at about 250*. I let it climb slowly over the next hour or so to almost 300*. I mixed some cherry apple juice concentrate with a bit more ground chili to use for mopping. At 265* I panned it with the last of the mop juice and covered with foil. I just pulled it at 207*. I want to rip into it now, but will let it rest while the rest of dinner gets ready. Here's the starting pron. Will post the finished pron in a while.

Last edited:
Finished pron

Mmmm... The Mrs and I both enjoyed our sweet and spicey pulled pork. It was a little drier than usuall, but moist enough. Here's the finished pron with a plate shot.

Last edited:
Looks good from where I'm sitting! I went with SM Pecan today. :thumb:

Looks great!! Hope your Mrs has a speedy recovery!

Color looks awesome from here. Those are my 3 favorite SM rubs. I gotta look for that Apple/Cherry juice.

picture.php

Back