Good Bye WSM's and Hello Mr.Lang!

Well i've had about two naps of 1 hour each since midnight.

At 3 am i loaded it with buttts n briskets. Just went out to check it now

And its settled in at 250 and sizzling right along! And te fueled

This thing is more of as fuel hog that a 22.5" wsm in winter...lol

That's what happens when you go to that side! Gotta feed them horses (grill space) wether you use it or not! I will stay with 10 lbs of lump and 2 chunks for 8 hrs of cooking in the vault @300-325. I hope your not feedig that thing charcoal! Them things gotta eat trees! Lol
Nice pit fo Sho

Well it turned out ok. I only used red oak for smoke and fuel. Everyone who ate it said it was good, But being my own worse critic I thought the food had a bit of a bitter taste..

Here are some pictures of the finished products and of my guests eating.. I didn't get any pictures of the Brisket or the Ribs or Chicken cut up so you could see the smoke ring.

The ABT's and My variation of Keri C's Drunken baked beans were a crowd pleaser!!

Well it turned out ok. I only used red oak for smoke and fuel. Everyone who ate it said it was good, But being my own worse critic I thought the food had a bit of a bitter taste..
The food pron looks good!
Just a few tips for you that hopefully will get you the results your looking for
Try to keep a small clean burning fire rather than a large oxygen deprived fire.
Make sure your wood is completely seasoned. Stay away from bark on wood. It's easy to pop off with a ax. Preheat your wood on the firebox, and keep the exhaust 100% open. Adjust your intakes to give you hardly any smoke coming out if the exhaust you just wanna see clean heat coming out of your stack. O would start with all intakes open and progressively close them down. Try to find some post oak, live oak, and pecan go 3:1 oak/pecan since pecan doesn't make good coals. Good luck on future cooks. Your not gonna get away from adding fuel every 45-60 min, it's a stick burner. Practice practice practice

Back