Catering questions

rowdycowboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have to price a meeting for 50 people. Want pulled pork for 40 and pulled chicken for 10 people. Also want slaw. Baked beans, and potatoe salad. Need little help pricing and how much to fix. I usually get $10 per pound with sauce for pulled pork and I'm figuring 4 oz servings for the sides. Any help would be great.

I don't think everyone will take 4 oz of each side. Go to SoEzzy's calculator on this tread or try one of the other ones. They are pretty accurate.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60674

I would price the chicken at least the same if not a dollar more. You will need about 60 oz of chicken, which is about 4 lbs. You will need 15 lbs of cooked pork or 25 lbs of raw pork at a 60% yield. Another thing to consider, how many adults and children will be there? I would cook enough chicken so you have extra to use at your place. Chicken is labor intensive to pull, so make sure you buy big enough chickens. I can only get 3# average chickens from Sysco. They are fresh. If you have time buy the frozen and get the larger chickens. Call if you need any other help.

Back