• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The last time we had this much rain at a contest...

Bunny

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This day reminds KCass BBQ team cookin in Butler MO in the mid 90's...when we had so much rain we stood in 6 inches of flood water. It definately separated the "men from the boys". The lightening was fierce and I happened to have on a hatful of BBQ pins....(you know....a day and a half for a pin in yur hat) and it struck not 20 yards from us giving me quite a shock. Never threw a hat off so fast in my entire life.

But we sure enjoyed the weekend!

Bunny and Rich/KCass BBQ

Sounds like Shannon, IL this year! We were at a high spot so our area was dry but lots of teams were wading. Lightning hit in the cornfield several times. Sure makes things exciting! :-D

Though, the second coming of Noah at Fairbanks, IN this year took the cake.....10.5 inches of rain overnight, the entire western portion of the state was listed as a State of Emergency....an entire Interstate washed out.....but, ask me which contest that I cannot wait to go back to next year.....and it is at the top of my list.....an awesome survivors reunion tour....

The Fairbanks, IN event was my first sanctioned cookoff. We had mud and water ankle deep in our site which made it very challenging..... and very fun!!! With all the terrible weather it was still a great time. Count me in for next year!

Ottie

The Flying Burritos

Ottie....look forward to seeing you there next year........this time, I think that I will get there early Thursday to avoid being the last in line.....but, it is still my most memorable contest to date.....

Let us not forget that not only did we have the flood of the ages at Fairbanks, there was also a tornado swirling above the school early on Sat morning! I agree that we should make this a "Fairbanks Survivors" reunion contest!..lol :eek:

Oh, I cannot wait, because, wait, does lightening strike twice?,.....nah, I dont think it would happen again....but, even if it did, hell, I will be better prepared with the inflatable raft attached to the truck....

That makes the sprinkler system going off at 3AM and it wakes you up and have to take a leak and see its flooding the neighbors area and they think its raining but don't wake up until I start hollerin' for them to get up and check their pits and we're searching for buckets and weight to cover the pop up sprinklers.....you get the picture?

Glad to hear you made it through it OK!

Back