Huge sirloin..what shall we do?

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Had this in the freezer waiting for Christmas day I'm thinking of cooking the whole thing then slicing at the table what say you? :becky:

Easy on the seasonings and just enjoying the moo out of it.

i1mpes.jpg

2cofs6p.jpg

1zbucld.jpg

m3908.jpg

You allready know what to do with it!:p
I'm not a connaisseur of beePh but that's what a cut of Serious meat looks like at my local Butcher.
Dang...I can't wait to see this one Phinished Dr.!

Jussssst a bit late for sending it. lol

I want to make beautiful steaks from it but the temptation to cook it whole is overwhelming me.

Cook it whole! Do it slowly until it hits 125F, then rest, slice and serve.

Ron you win!! I'll name the first slice after you sir. :thumb:

Well look at it this way ..the first slice always goes to the MIL. It's an honor my friend.:cool:

The original "Santa Maria Style" BBQ was top sirloin. The roast is cut into 3 or sometimes 4 chunks--cut in the same direction as if cutting top sirloin steaks. Slang for this cut of meat is "Top Block." The "Top Block" chunks are grilled over oak coals with Santa Maria style spices, then sliced thin and served. There is really no need to cook top sirloin "low and slow" as it is already tender. When tri-tip first came about it replaced "Top Block" as the main cut of meat for Santa Maria style dur to the cost of the meat. Tri-tip was very inexpensive when it first came out. Today tri-tip and top sirloin run neck and neck in price.

Back