• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chilaquiles and Enchiladas

I'd hit that! Chilaquiles are awesome for breakfast as a few others mentioned earlier with a couple over easy eggs on top. YUM!

Bob

Gore,

That don't look like any chilaquiles or enchiladas I've ever seen.:wacko:

But, Dayum it looks good.:becky:

I've only ever had/made mine in a pan with chorizo, eggs, chips, chihuahua cheese, and Valentina. However, your pr0n has inspired me, they look delicious and I MUST try!!

Looks delicious! Around here chilaquiles are usually fried corn tortillas or (chips) with eggs and some thin oily salsa (not like pace) and maybe some cheese. Breakfast migas are similar but with no salsa. They have cheese (for sure) and pico de gallo mixed in.

Yours look great, I'd hammer that right now.

Gore,

That don't look like any chilaquiles or enchiladas I've ever seen.:wacko:
But, Dayum it looks good.:becky:

Agreed, I thought I might be the only one thinking that. I grew up on chiliquiles in California and they weren't anything like that. We used stale tortilla chips and slow simmered them in a homemade chile sauce made with lots of garlic and onions (similar to gores) until the chips were soft. Usually served them with limes, cilantro and crema. Aside from my own, these are my favorite; a sloppy, sort of soupy version at the Mecca in Pittsburgh, ca http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/new-...SNvQRY3Xj5Ee6W1sPyYSRQ#kkLnkSn9mSGkOYqpIZo7Vg

Back